AT Pro broke?

TruePatriot

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2011
Minnesota
I was out metal detecting today and while I was digging a target my infant son picked my detector off the ground and dropped it. It really wasn't that big of a drop, but he had the housing unit in the air with the coil on the ground. It took me a while after to realize whenever I pinpoint it just blares a noise and says 10+ inches down. Even when holding the detector in the air it does this. Doesn't matter what mode I am in either.

I took the coil and headphones off, took off the coil cover and checked for any apparent metal items stuck to it, but nothing work. Has this happened to anyone else and is there a fix? Unfortunately, my warranty is expired and I'm guessing its time to either dismantle it or buy a new one.

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about the drop. I would suggest contacting Garrett; I am sure they could fix it a lot cheaper than buying a New one. The call is free, what do you have to loose?

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about the drop. I would suggest contacting Garrett; I am sure they could fix it a lot cheaper than buying a New one. The call is free, what do you have to loose?

I agree call them they are great.

sparkydog

Sep 28, 2008
Boulder Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites: Surf, Eagle II SL, GMT.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They should stand behind that unit and fix it promptly for a reasonable price. If not, I would replace it with another brand. I left dead batteries in my white's over the winter...they replaced the motherboard and most of the internals and shipped it back to me like new in about 10 days for $60 with a nice personal letter and shipping paid on their end. Many claim great service, I've experienced it! Way to go White's! I hope Garrett steps up as well for you.

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Definitely contact Garrett. I bought the headphone adapter from an auth dealer on an auction site. It fell apart so i emailed Garrett and they sent me a new one and paid for shipping.

They'll definitely take care of you. I tip my hat to your fallen ATP, may it be restored soon. :)

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you try the factory reset? Hold the on button for 4 or 5 seconds. If nothing then call Garrett.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread