One way beeps

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yup,it's either a coin on edge,or iron giving you a false signal. On targets you want to walk around them while swinging the coil over them, Turn around 90 degrees,and if the tone/signal is stable,it's a good target,if it changes tone,or the VID numbers jump around,you can bet it's trash.

Last edited:

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
thanks for the tip rks1049

paul of Penna

Feb 1, 2011
PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado umax
Garrett AT PRO
Vibrapaobe Pinpointer
Whites Classic III
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Perry, I assume you're swinging the at pro.......as such (I've had mine only a few weeks) I noticed many hits like that while in the "STD" mode coins. I dug alot of those signals, and only two were coins out of maybe 40 holes. I feel right now that by far, the best digs are from solid "both way" belltones. I am using the 5x8 coil, and am still learning how to pinpoint with the DD coil, as I'm use to my concentric coils. Another thing I feel is a boon to many detectorista with the DD coils is that the front to back coverage is better (at depth) than a concentric, but my opinion may evolve some as I get real familiar with the AT and it's langage. (They DO talk 'ya know!)
Paul of Penna

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
i do not swing garret but my last two one way only signals were 1919 wheat and 1920 canadian silver 5c so i allways dig the one ways now

OP
OP
perry2

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wall I went up to the State Beech this afternoon (4:00) and swung for an hour-- This beech is hammerd-- I got 2 cents , one dime and one Nickel and 62 one way siginals ///// if they repeated (one way) I dug them //// NEVER anything in the hole ///These falsing siginals are starting to get to me///// Perry

krazyace

Jan 9, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you try turning the sensitivity down?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread