Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT PRO /GARRETT ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer Ex/Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First off congradulations on getting a ATP! They are a very good detector!:thumbsup: My friend and I just returned from a "shake down cruise" on his new ATP. The best advice I can give is,learn to run it in Pro Coins,at first. This gives you a chance to hear,and learn the Pro Mode tones,while eliminating a lot of other tones,and notching out trash. Then after you are comfortable with that program go to Pro Zero mode. The tones will be the same,but you will hear everything,and learn to sort out the wanted targets,from the trash targets. He found a bunch of nickels,penny's and quarters this evening,and after about a hour was using Pro Zero mode. Finding coins by trash targets,and separating them. Also dig a few of the unwanted targets. This seems to make the tone of them burn into your mind,before long you will be calling the pull tabs,ect. He has a Fisher F2 and has found a lot of coins with it,but the ATP is a big step up,in information,and features. Also watch every video Garrett Has on the ATP. There is a lot of information in them.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always hunt with my AT Pro in pro mode with the iron set at 35 and generally the iron audio on. If I find anything in the in the higher tone range, I will walk around the target and try and see if it is consistent enough to dig. I also listen for the very deep (6 inches+) low, consistent tones and sometimes will find older coins this way. I mostly listen to sounds and then double check the ID to see if the target is consistent. Anything consistent at high 60s or more I will dig and if it reads steadily in the nickel range I will dig. The ID seems to be very accurate. I still will dig a lot of aluminum bottle caps in trashy areas, but I feel if you are digging bottle caps then you are doing well.

gwhamil

May 27, 2013
Congrats. I just ordered an AT Pro and the 5x8 dd coil myself. I can't wait for it to get here.

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I forgot to mention,I found these two gems,also tonight! I never find these,and tonight I found two in a row in the gravel by the swing set!:thumbsup:
102_2272_zps8f9996dc.jpg

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Read your owner's manual again, and again, and again. Practice on many different targets laid flat on clean turf. Find a mentor. These are the best pointers you will get ever.

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice cars Ron!

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Watch YouTube videos, and take your time to learn the machine. There is no substitute for time put in on a machine. Good Luck and congrats on your purchase!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice cars Ron!
Thanks,I've never found any that even had the wheels left on them. Most are in pieces,with the roof smashed down flat!:laughing7:

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Iron Audio is your friend when you get around bottle caps. Learn how to use it.
I took the arm strap off of mine, life with the ATP got simpler when I did, also the ATP is not a battery hog, but I still use rechargeables.

Have fun with it, it's a fine detector.
Roy

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AT PRO on order. Can't wait till it gets here and start training on it. Anybody and everybody- give me some pointers and do's and don'ts. I know I can't catch up but I can still try. All the info you can muster, please. PD

Mine will be here tomorrow, I been watching the Garrett video's over and over to get an early grasp on it! Good luck!

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks,I've never found any that even had the wheels left on them. Most are in pieces,with the roof smashed down flat!:laughing7:

I got lucky the other day, I found a stash of 5 1/2. 4 were in decent condition for being in the ground. I think I must have found the old play area of the spot I was at, and someone left their toys out probably when the leaves were falling one fall. (Just a wild guess) Still awesome you got a first! Congrats, and glad to see you back on the Garrett forums again!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ron,the only one's I've ever found until,the two last night, looked like they were stolen,and ran through a strip shop!:laughing7:

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got lucky the other day, I found a stash of 5 1/2. 4 were in decent condition for being in the ground. I think I must have found the old play area of the spot I was at, and someone left their toys out probably when the leaves were falling one fall. (Just a wild guess) Still awesome you got a first! Congrats, and glad to see you back on the Garrett forums again!
Yeah,thanks!:thumbsup: I'm still a big fan of the ATP,always will be too!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
P

prairie digger

Tenderfoot
Aug 10, 2013
arkansas
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT PRO /GARRETT ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer Ex/Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AT PRO came on August 16. Put it together per manual and now waiting to go digging on a farm next to the river. I know something is out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread