At Pro..5X8 DD coil

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been running the 5x8 for about a month and find/feel it has cut down about 25% of the chatter, eased the pinpointing, and cost little or no depth ?? cant prove that but feel it// I would like to set up a good test of the 2 coils /// Perry

paul of Penna

Feb 1, 2011
PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado umax
Garrett AT PRO
Vibrapaobe Pinpointer
Whites Classic III
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the 5x8 because it is lighter than the 8.5x11. I did lose some depth, but not alot. I'm stickin' with the 5x8 for most of my hunting.....however when I need all the depth I can get, I'll switch to the stock coil.
Paul of Penna

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have both and can't understand why anyone would put the 8.5x11 on for any reason. I put the stocker back on a couple of weeks back because I wanted to cover more ground (sports field). Hated it! SO upsets the balance and makes 3lbs feels like 10! I'd rather make twice as many swings to cover the same ground. It's also much smoother, obviously separates better, gives up little (I've noticed none) depth. If it wasn't for the 5x8 I wouldn't be using the ATP I like so well.

OP
OP
Potts

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the 5x8 because it is lighter than the . I did lose some depth, but not alot. I'm stickin' with the 5x8 for most of my hunting.....however when I need all the depth I can get, I'll switch to the stock coil.
Paul of Penna

The 5x8 is a good coil, but I consider the 8.5x11 better for over all use, the 5x8 has it usage for hunting in extreme circumstances but not for everyday usage.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 5x8 is a good coil, but I consider the 8.5x11 better for over all use, the 5x8 has it usage for hunting in extreme circumstances but not for everyday usage.

I feel completely the opposite. 5x8 for 99.99% of the time!

In fact, it's NEVER coming off again! Period

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
5 X 8 Trashy areas,8.5 X 11 for cleaner open areas. On a big field it will save your arm. The best thing I ever bought for the ATP was the Detecting Buddy!:thumbsup: Use either coil no difference on weight at all!:thumbsup: Swings like it weighs 1 lb.:laughing7:

frog21

Mar 5, 2013
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It gets very close to same depth a s big coil and separation is MUCH improved. I never take mine off! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread