Great ATP depth video

wayfas4u

Mar 29, 2010
Lee county georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett 2500 GTI, Garrett AT Pro & AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very educational! Thank you, just bought the AT Pro recently and still in learning mode. Your video was very helpful. I will give your advice a try!

OP
OP
freddy78

freddy78

Feb 25, 2013
Shelbyille TN
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had nine for around 8 months and still learning something new every time I take it out. Great detector just gotta listen to it and dig everything until you learn what is what. Now just gotta get the 5x8 coil this week. I have heard a lot of good things about it. Especially for trashy areas

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had nine for around 8 months and still learning something new every time I take it out. Great detector just gotta listen to it and dig everything until you learn what is what. Now just gotta get the 5x8 coil this week. I have heard a lot of good things about it. Especially for trashy areas

Great Video!!...Ive been Extremly Happy with my ATP..and i want to tell you ...from MY experiance....that 5x8 Coil is the only way to go...i have had some great luck in trashy areas just in the last month...You can serioulsy hear the 2 differnt tones that the stock coil was blending

Ky Red

Feb 27, 2013
This is a great video. So my question is, why does everybody use pro mode? I've had my atp for about a year and that's all I've used. If I wanted to use standard mode, I could have stayed with my ace 350. You would think that pro mode would be as deep or deeper, with all the advantages. Now I'm confused on which mode would be more beneficial.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a great video. So my question is, why does everybody use pro mode? I've had my atp for about a year and that's all I've used. If I wanted to use standard mode, I could have stayed with my ace 350. You would think that pro mode would be as deep or deeper, with all the advantages. Now I'm confused on which mode would be more beneficial.

I think PRO mode is the ONLY way to go...its so much more crisp...Plus i came from the Ace 250...Ive heard enough belltones..lol

With Pro mode, you can hear a silver signal in with the trash, and once you slow down and focus on that spot...You can tune the trash out almost completly.

Ky Red

Feb 27, 2013
I agree with you on the pro mode. I was just wondering why standard mode brings in deeper targets.

Apr 13, 2012
Maryville, Tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for liking the video everyone! I was just showing what the AT Pro was capable of in depth and an accurate id in the test field. I tried NUMEROUS settings in each mode and these settings were the most consistent with a good id at those depths. I was able to get good tone ids in pro mode at most of those depths but when I got to the deeper targets like the 9.5 and 10.5 inches deep Quarter the visual id was very inconsistent in pro mode. Now in saying this the settings in the video would be great for a non iron infested area but if the areas you hunt are iron infested you would be better off in pro mode and actually pro zero so you can hear everything the detector is telling you. If anyone else has questions feel free to contact me anytime and I can explain more in detail. thanks, Ed

hobby

Aug 9, 2013

If you know your at pro use pro mode I prefer zero sensitivity max ground balance auto or Manuel you will get improvement on depth

Ky Red

Feb 27, 2013
I usually run in pro mode zero, sensitivity one bar down from max, iron disc. at about 20 and auto gb then go down 10 to 15 more points.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread