Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett GTAX 550,
Fisher gold bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live out in Northern Nevada just a stones throw from abandoned mining claims all over the place. I'm going out this Sunday to a claim I got permission to detect on and I was wondering what the best set up for my AT Pro would be to find nuggets. Has anyone here found them with the Pro, and if so what kind of settings did you have it on? What kind of reading did your machine give? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pro zero, no disc, full sensitivity and auto GB then manually lower by 5 or 10 if the ground will allow. Swing real slow and grid in both directions.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ATP is not designed to find nuggets of any size and bird shot would be the size you'll likely find. You'd be mostly wasting your time and should use a total gold detector with the gain to find those pickers.

OP
OP
Carson Coin Master

Carson Coin Master

Sep 4, 2007
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett GTAX 550,
Fisher gold bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ATP is not designed to find nuggets of any size and bird shot would be the size you'll likely find. You'd be mostly wasting your time and should use a total gold detector with the gain to find those pickers.

I have seen some of the nuggets that have come out of this claim by the owner. They range from very small and upwards to 4 grams. I have done some bench testing with really small nuggets and the pro does pick them up. I'll give it a shot anyway.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen some of the nuggets that have come out of this claim by the owner. They range from very small and upwards to 4 grams. I have done some bench testing with really small nuggets and the pro does pick them up. I'll give it a shot anyway.

I wish you luck. I just think you would have better luck with something like a Gold Bug or Super Lobo. But I am not the nugget hunter in the family, that's my brother.

Sent by SANDMAN

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He probably would have better luck but he doesn't own one of those.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like a good day of fun to me! Find anything?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread