Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's an old post I made below:

I thought some of you might be interested in a wireless setup for the ATPro. I used the Rapoo H3070 wireless headphones and they work fantastic. I can now also use any headphones or earbuds with a 3.5 mm jack if I don't want to go wireless and change between them in seconds. image-3474803753.jpg image-1226353262.jpg

Last edited:

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's an old post I made below:

I thought some of you might be interested in a wireless setup for the ATPro. I used the Rapoo H3070 wireless headphones and they work fantastic. I can now also use any headphones or earbuds with a 3.5 mm jack if I don't want to go wireless and change between them in seconds. View attachment 886742 View attachment 886743

I assume they are bluetooth? What is the transmitter? Guess what I am asking is how was it set up/done please?

I have a nice set of bluetooth headphones but would need a transmission source I think....

Jim

cz_kid

Greenie
Oct 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I assume they are bluetooth? What is the transmitter? Guess what I am asking is how was it set up/done please?

I have a nice set of bluetooth headphones but would need a transmission source I think....

Jim

If it's a "bluetooth audio dongle" (the have 3.5mm jack) it will work with any bluetooth headphones. I know, "dongle" sounds pretty funny....

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No they are not Bluetooth they are RF. The transmitter is what you see attached to the bottom of the AT in the picture. The headphones have a built in receiver and there is no delay. It all comes with the headphones as a set for around $45. They charge with the included USB cable in a couple hours and last all day.

cz_kid

Greenie
Oct 22, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No they are not Bluetooth they are RF. The transmitter is what you see attached to the bottom of the AT in the picture. The headphones have a built in receiver and there is no delay. It all comes with the headphones as a set for around $45. They charge with the included USB cable in a couple hours and last all day.

Very good point. Blue tooth has the delay that would really be annoying no matter how minimal. I guess this is eleminated with radio freguency connected divices.

outdoors_hunting

Tenderfoot
Mar 22, 2009
Texas
Hello RobRieman. If I'm looking at you picture right you have a cable from the ear phone jack of the AT pro going to the Rapoo transmitter. Where did you get this cable? I really like your idea of the wireless headphones and would like to set up my AT pro the same. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
badpenny

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over my head, but I will follow this and try to figure it out. I hate having to pull off my headphones when I drop down to dig and am just trying to make my life easier. LOL!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello RobRieman. If I'm looking at you picture right you have a cable from the ear phone jack of the AT pro going to the Rapoo transmitter. Where did you get this cable? I really like your idea of the wireless headphones and would like to set up my AT pro the same. Thanks in advance.

I cut the factory headphone cable and soldered a 3.5 mini female on it. The soldered a 3.5 mini male back on the factory headphones. I can use any headphones and ear buds with it now also. It only took about 15 minutes to do the mods. The RF wireless transmitter that comes with the headphones has a 3.5 mini male connector on it and it plugs right in. I mounted it to the bottom with Velcro so you can pop it off in a second if your hunting in water and use the waterproof headphones. It's really a very simple mod.

outdoors_hunting

Tenderfoot
Mar 22, 2009
Texas
Thanks for the info RobRieman. One more qustion if you don't mind. How many wires are in the headphone cable and is very difficult to solder a 3.5 mini male adapter on. I'm an instumetation tech and have done some soldering in the past but never soldered one of these adapters.
Thanks again for the info.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info RobRieman. One more qustion if you don't mind. How many wires are in the headphone cable and is very difficult to solder a 3.5 mini male adapter on. I'm an instumetation tech and have done some soldering in the past but never soldered one of these adapters. Thanks again for the info.

Just 3. A left, a right, and a ground. Just remember to buy stereo 3.5 minis and you will be all good. The soldering is a piece of cake if you have ever soldered anything before.

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used the TDK wireless headphones on my Vaquero. They use Kleer technology, not bluetooth. There is no delay, and the audio is pretty good. Two complaints however. First, the headphones don't have a lot of sound insulation from outside noise, and they shut off after 2 minutes of no audio signal. That's not a problem when hunting with an audible threshold hum, but becomes a problem with silent search at a location that is not target rich.

Dan

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sleepyjim

Jun 8, 2013
Reno Ish Nevada
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GM1000, XP Deus, GB Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cut the factory headphone cable and soldered a 3.5 mini female on it. The soldered a 3.5 mini male back on the factory headphones. I can use any headphones and ear buds with it now also. It only took about 15 minutes to do the mods. The RF wireless transmitter that comes with the headphones has a 3.5 mini male connector on it and it plugs right in. I mounted it to the bottom with Velcro so you can pop it off in a second if your hunting in water and use the waterproof headphones. It's really a very simple mod.

Or you can buy one of them adapter cords on ebay and other places....Like 30 bucks.

Jim

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Or you can buy one of them adapter cords on ebay and other places....Like 30 bucks. Jim

Yes you can but I wanted a short cord and 3.5mm mini jack for my wireless setup and headphones without using a 1/4" adaptor. It also cost me nothing as I had the $4 jack and didn't want to wait. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread