Not giving up yet!!!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got up at 5 to get ready to hunt a field. When I got to the field it was 37 degrees and wind was blowing about 15 to 20 miles an hour. Needless to say I only lasted about 15 mins. I'm not ready to put my detector away for the winter I hope we have more time up here in NW Ohio. Good luck everyone.

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I deer hunt in this weather but I usually have more clothes on and have a wind break from the woods I'm in. The cold isn't the thing that sent me home it was the wind.

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My season is pretty much over with, I may have a couple of more hunts but it doesn't look to promising, I started clean up on just over 10 pounds of clad and penny's from this years finds.

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My season is pretty much over with, I may have a couple of more hunts but it doesn't look to promising, I started clean up on just over 10 pounds of clad and penny's from this years finds.
thats a good haul. I hunt mostly at nite and on weekends when I have time. I hunt mostly fields and old home sites. When I get a chance I go to parks and get clad. I cleaned up 32.47 cents worth from this year and put it in my kids piggy banks. This is my first year of really detecting and I love it. I've always wanted to detect but started in spring and been hooked every since.

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found a lot of old indian heads, old silver and shield nickel out of the field I'm hunting now.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have found over $160 since Sept 20th and will hunt till it's to darn miserable out to hunt. If the sun is shining I will hunt but not into hunting in the snow

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found over $160 since Sept 20th and will hunt till it's to darn miserable out to hunt. If the sun is shining I will hunt but not into hunting in the snow
im pretty sure I'm going to keep going till there is snow on the ground. If I have free time I want to be out in the fields.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never give in the trees in the Woods keep it clear for most part where I go

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out for a bit tonite before it got dark didn't find much just some scrap copper and brass but it felt good to be out there.

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got up at 5 to get ready to hunt a field. When I got to the field it was 37 degrees and wind was blowing about 15 to 20 miles an hour. Needless to say I only lasted about 15 mins. I'm not ready to put my detector away for the winter I hope we have more time up here in NW Ohio. Good luck everyone.

I feel your pain. It was cold here this morning (Columbus). I wrote a review of one detector and an article on St. Augustine, Florida rather than heading out the door to go detecting.

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain. It was cold here this morning (Columbus). I wrote a review of one detector and an article on St. Augustine, Florida rather than heading out the door to go detecting.
i am going to take Christi's advice and hunt woods till spring if I can I know some in my area that have Indian war history.

paul of Penna

Feb 1, 2011
PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado umax
Garrett AT PRO
Vibrapaobe Pinpointer
Whites Classic III
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The ground in the woods (if under leaves) doesn't freeze as fast as open ground......so it buys you some detecting time!
Paul

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am going to take Christi's advice and hunt woods till spring if I can I know some in my area that have Indian war history.
i meant christo's lol

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i meant christo's lol

Christi huh lol naw but around here in mass. & im sure its like other áreas If you go to the Woods with pine trees they provide a good canopy persay last year I was able to hunt all winter Long good luck cant hurt to at least take a walk out there & see. Also sharpen up ur digger & mayb invest in a samson cuz the ground will be harder but can be done

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been looking at the Samson's I'm going to get one.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been looking at the Samson's I'm going to get one.

Definetly worth it there many sizes I went with the 18" & I use it more anywhere then my hand lesche got a bomb sheath for it im 6'2" I can step on it If I want but what I like is when im in the ground I dont have to stretch my arms to use it & plow threw anything under

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm 6'2" also I was thinking about the t handle 31" didn't even consider the 18" might have to take a look at that one. I have a lesche also and a Garrett edge. The Garrett I gave to my boy to use

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya i got both of those hand ones to my wife is the one that cond me into gettin the 18" I thought it was just to small but was totaly wrong its awesome not to big so easy to carry not to big so u can bring it with u in more public places least i do the digger end is just as big as all the other models so only the handle length is different like I said when ur on the ground me i dont want to get back up to go further down u can do it from where u are with ease

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131111_091815.png
    ForumRunner_20131111_091815.png
    206.3 KB · Views: 92

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just see If theres a place where u can try a couple sizes out think about the obvious using it standing & on ground If im carring it im using it which ever u can get the most out of its ur money no point in buying something If u dont like it or u only use it once in a great while its not a $20 tool good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions