My indian heads finds from one field

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive found these ih cents in the same field over the last couple of months with my at pro. Also pictured is a 1867 no rays shield nickel and no date buff. The ih range from 1863 (very thick) to 1907. Most are 1880s. Thanks for looking. image-3970930187.jpg

Last edited:

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Nice! Thanks for posting.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found the 1901 tonight and scratched it with digger. Also found a large cent about a month ago but destroyed it to get the date which happened to be a 1838. Only silver I've found was a 1893 barber dime. This field has given up 3 civil war eagle buttons also. Lots of other relics too. Thanks for looking.

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The oldest coin I dug is an 1875 Seated Liberty Dime, it looks like the day it was minted. I am on the hunt for the elusive Indian Head Penny and I must dig a Mercury Dime, a personal thing, now understand I own these coins but I have yet to dig any and the fun of metal detecting is digging them.

I am going nuts longing to hear the beep, the other day I fired up the AT Pro and walked around the place finding the nails in the floor. I thought about getting the Sampson out and digging a few hits but I didn't think the son-in-law wouldn't appreciate me digging up his place. Our ground is frozen so there is no digging outside yet, soon though, very soon.

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This old long gone home site has a lot of ih cents but have only found 1893 barber dime. The silver is either not there or my at pro just can't find it. I've been using the 5x8 coil lately and found more ih cents and buttons. This place is full of iron and I still have a lot to cover with the 5x8 going real slow so I can hear the good targets. It's in 30s here so ground is frozen but very easy to dig. You will find a ih cent they sound off great with the pro you just have to get one under your coil. I have found mercs too and they def make a great sound on the pro. I'm still waiting to find any seated coins or a v nickel plus a lot of other coins. It's a long list lol. Good luck.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's killer Kodiak. I found a seated half dime in SW Ohio but I swear all the Indians must have rolled away. Lol it's crazy how much difference there is in a couple hundred miles.

nleet22

Jan 5, 2014
lancaster pa
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 250, AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds!!!!...I have a long list of stuff to find also..ground is frozen here in pa also but I cant help but go out anyway...harder to dig but gotta feed my addiction..lol love the thrill of the hunt!!!!! got a lot of firsts hunting in front of a old building downtown. two silver rosies and a silver Washington. my fav is a georgivus 111 no date tho in really bad condition gotta be one of five dates tho. HH

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rob your Indian is coming and I love finding silver, who doesn't? Lol. I would fall over if I found a half dime or any seated because I want one so bad. I like finding all the relics also and have found so much 1800a era stuff on this site I could fill a large table to display them. I might start digging some of the iron targets just to see if they are covering up more good stuff. I have found lots of newer silver at our local fairgrounds. I love finding the old coins though and getting out there and hunting for the next target or a first is the best.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are doing great on that site. Keep at it until it stops producing!

Wayne

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
thanks Wayne it surprises me all the time how much stuff is there.

Have you thought about selling tours to that site? Some guys do quite well selling package metal detecting hunts to the UK.

Good luck on your future site. It would be nice to see a complete rundown of all the finds from there. Some old homesites give very little, yet yours is a winner.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you thought about selling tours to that site? Some guys do quite well selling package metal detecting hunts to the UK. Good luck on your future site. It would be nice to see a complete rundown of all the finds from there. Some old homesites give very little, yet yours is a winner.:thumbsup:
thats a great idea john I will do a rundown soon of all the stuff I have found from this field (old homesite). I'm in planning stage of a big hunt rite now on a late 1700s battle site but I will do that soon.

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice IH cents, do you find many large cents or any 3 cent pieces?
no 3 cents yet one large cent from this field but it was 150 yards from area I've found IH cents. One shield nickel it was a 1867 no rays with the IH cents.

deadeye 22250

Jan 23, 2014
north central Oh
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, DFX, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any 2 cent, or v nickels. I usually don't find much silver in fields. Do you find any foreign coins in fields?

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any 2 cent, or v nickels. I usually don't find much silver in fields. Do you find any foreign coins in fields?
no 2 cent or v nickels either. I did find a no date buffalo nickel close to the county road so it was prob a later drop. I still have a lot of this field to cover so I hope to find more coins and relics. I did find a 1893 barber dime last year rite before they planted but that was with an ace 350. No other silver has come out of this field yet. I did find a silver Canadian quarter by the rd to it was a 54 and that was a good ways from homesite also.

deadeye 22250

Jan 23, 2014
north central Oh
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, DFX, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any flying eagle cents? My brother and I look in quite a few fields. We each found a Spanish coin in fields.

OP
OP
Kodiak43351

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No not yet but I bet they are there. This field is 120 acres and I've only hit the homesite hard so far. There is another homesite on the old plat map in back of field so I'll be hitting that place come spring. We are covered with snow now so have to wait for a thaw to hit this site again.

deadeye 22250

Jan 23, 2014
north central Oh
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, DFX, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that the only field that you looked in? We have frozen ground and snow also in Huron Co. Ohio. I have found a number of places that are not on any maps, dating back to 1849. Good Luck when the weather straitens out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread