How much $ to pay for this used Garrett package? (AT Pro and Pro Pointer)

Flex68

Dec 10, 2013
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Currently researching to buy
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a local guy who wishes to sell a 5 month old AT Pro, still in the box with all paperwork, DVD, manual, etc., plus a Pro Pointer.
Both are like brand new and look to have been barely used.

So what would be a reasonable price to pay?

He hasn't put a price on it but is seeking 'offers' or 'trades' and I am interested to learn what everyone thinks would constitute a "good deal"

Thanks!

newgoldfinder

Dec 19, 2013
Adams County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$650. You are saving about 50/60 plus dollars. Buying The AT pro from kellyco would cost you $600 Plus tax and then there's the pro pointer at about $110. So $650 might be a good offer .

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a dealer, I'd probably list that package below $600. ($500 for detector, $100 for Propointer ). If he wants more than that, give me a call , I might surprise you ;-)

Wayne
(832) 928-9135

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

smt24219

Jan 20, 2014
Big Stone Gap, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I emailed the guy about that package (I'm in SWVA too). Sounds like he is offering a pretty good deal. I almost took it but decided to go with a cheaper new Ace 350.

OP
OP
F

Flex68

Dec 10, 2013
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$650. You are saving about 50/60 plus dollars. Buying The AT pro from kellyco would cost you $600 Plus tax and then there's the pro pointer at about $110. So $650 might be a good offer .

Thanks, but I would never offer that much on a used one.... I can pick up the detector and the pinpointer, new, for about that.

As a dealer, I'd probably list that package below $600. ($500 for detector, $100 for Propointer ). If he wants more than that, give me a call , I might surprise you ;-)

Wayne
(832) 928-9135

Thanks, Wayne.
I agree that one would expect to, hopefully, pick these up for less than $600 from an individual / private sale.

Judging from the online pricing I have been able to find, it might not be out of the realm of possibility to expect the Seller to accept $450-500 cash.

Just was curious to see what folks here thought!

Last edited:

MetalDetectorDude

Oct 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax, AT Pro, Etrac, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't buy used to save a $100 on a mid-high end detector. The full warranty is worth more than that to me.

newgoldfinder

Dec 19, 2013
Adams County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wayne
(832) 928-9135

Metal Detector Sales and Rentals | Fisher, Garrett, Minelab, Lesche and DetectorPro

Hey metal detecting stuff.

What would be a good shovel to use along with metal detecting. I was on your site and cant decide. Mine snapped while digging through a lot of small tree roots.

x512x

Nov 30, 2012
I got my used detector back from the guy I sold it too. At pro, pinpointer, knife, waterproof headphones. All for 450 lol

OP
OP
F

Flex68

Dec 10, 2013
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This guy no longer has the waterproof headphones, apparently, and is looking for $500 for the detector and pinpointer.

Hey metal detecting stuff.

What would be a good shovel to use along with metal detecting. I was on your site and cant decide. Mine snapped while digging through a lot of small tree roots.

Stop highjacking my thread.....keep it to PMs, yes?

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Offer him $400. You can get it brand new for $600.

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go with the Sampson shovel, I got mine from Wayne. $400 is the price I would put on the package too, no more.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go with the Sampson shovel, I got mine from Wayne. $400 is the price I would put on the package too, no more.
i agree with getting the sampson, also got mine from Wayne. 400 would be a good price for used at pro if it is in good shape.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's the chance you pay when you buy something new and don't like it. You never get your money back out if anything when the buyer could buy a new one for near the same amount with no warranty hassles, registration and get to open one brand new in the box. Try selling a new car after you pull it off the lot.

OP
OP
F

Flex68

Dec 10, 2013
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got another 7 photos from the guy. Both units do, indeed, look nearly brand-new....just a couple of small scuffs on the bottom of the coil.
Both still have the original boxes and all the materials they came with when new.

Unfortunately, I also found out the guy is a 17 year old kid with no transportation. Just to see/test them I would have to drive 1.5 hours each way....he did say that he would reduce the price by $25 to compensate for this.

Undecided if I will make the trip this weekend, or not........

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got another 7 photos from the guy. Both units do, indeed, look nearly brand-new....just a couple of small scuffs on the bottom of the coil.
Both still have the original boxes and all the materials they came with when new.

Unfortunately, I also found out the guy is a 17 year old kid with no transportation. Just to see/test them I would have to drive 1.5 hours each way....he did say that he would reduce the price by $25 to compensate for this.

Undecided if I will make the trip this weekend, or not........

Don't let emotions dictate what you pay. It shouldn't matter if the seller is a 10yo girl, 17yo boy or 90yo grandma. 3 hours of driving? That's a hell of a lot more than $25 of my time and gas!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread