Garrett AT Gold, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am going to hunt some old parks in the morning with my boys and was wondering how I should setup my at gold. I want to hunt for gold as well as coins. Should I hunt am or 1 or 2 and where should I set the iron disc? Thanks for any help.
i don't have the gold but I do have the pro and for a trashy park all metal 33 iron disc with iron audio on and listen for the good targets. Swing slow and good luck.

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just got mine yesterday, I was in tye back yard and love disc setting 2. All metal is noisy and the most sensitive. I really think you should try all setting just as an experiment. I love mine. Happy hunting.8-)

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I cant wait to take at gold dt to the desert. Or to the backyard again for that matter. Lol

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it's going to be noisy in all metal but if you can stand it it will hit the deeper targets and with practice you can pull good stuff out of iron.

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost exclusively use disc 1, iron audio on and 28 iron disc here for land hunting where there is trash/nails.... Listen for a cleaner tones from any direction, you can trust the iron audio to a darn high degree, I have yet to have it lie to me (but I still dig most of the bad sounding targets....). Found a couple smaller gold rings this summer on land, if I remember correctly, one read 32 and the other either 28 or 41/42 (can't remember). In all metal, for hunting cleaner sites, around here, depth is increased by 2 or 3 inches. Used mine for this past season and love it, never imagined it would be such a performer!

aerodriver1

May 2, 2013
I use my ATG with the following settings. Gold only= All metal and iron disc around 30-37 and switch in and out of iron audio as required. Disc1 & iron disc 35-37= any relic and coin hunting where I do not want to miss anything. I have found that Indian head pennies and buff nickels can get discriminated out on Disc 2, so if I am hunting a ghost town or somewhere that has the potential of old coins etc I use this setting. Disc2 I use where I am relatively sure I will only find clad coins or if I am only looking for silver. I am confident in this setting when used for this purpose. As a side note, I rarely use iron audio. I have found that in very trashy settings it is much better to use the clarity and strength of the tone vs iron audio, with that said iron audio does have its purpose on this machine it just needs to be used with prudence and the user must realize its limitations, especially when comparing two very close signals. Also if I am digging at an important area and I get erratic signals I will switch to ALL metal mode and use it to distinguish and verify signals using the numbers on the machine. BTW I also like running my machine with the threshold at 1-3 depending on what I'm looking for, it helps add a fuller almost "3D" dimension to the signal. I believe the ATG is a very capable machine especially with the 5x8 coil, and I am very happy with it. Good luck!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread