What Is The Craziest Thing You Ever Dug Up Metal Detecting?

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I was out hunting with a buddy. I get this great signal, dig it up and out comes a 2" square silver jewelry box. And to even compliment it further, it was wrapped with a string of pearls. I called my buddy over, told him that I just found the find of a life time. I pulled the box from my pocket, harrassed him some more with comments like "I wonder what could be in here." So, I slowly unwrapped the string of pearls, opened the lid and inside was a tiny dead frog. The name AXLE had been inscribed on the silver box, so I figured I had dug up AXLE'S Tomb. I threw that box into the woods with AXLE still inside as far as I could. I was pissed! :cussing: What a let down. My buddy laughed so hard that he wet his jeans...... :laughing7:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well this will become someones find someday, when I was a kid my sister and I had hamsters and they went Hannibal Lecter on each other so we buried them in a set of aluminum salt & pepper shakers in our backyard so someone is going to find those and freak out when they pop them open. Oh by the way we couldn't sit for a week after Mom found out what happened to her set of shakers.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's a huge thread on here somewhere with people craziest finds posted.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found an old school banana seat ,that went on a bike,it still had the red deflector on the back.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a stinkin Lincoln once :walk:

mineralized_miner

Dec 2, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster GT
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This may be inappropriate to many, but while hunting the beach, I am a bit reluctant to dig many foil signals. I get the occasional contraceptive packaging (of course used), and prefer not to touch them at all. I see a lot of them, and I don't even touch them. It is also especially embarrasing to try to explain what they are to my 9 year old sister, so I usually just say it's an old candy wrapper, and they don't make them any more because they were awful.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
I found an old school banana seat ,that went on a bike,it still had the red deflector on the back.

That's funny. I too had one on my CCM bike some 45 years ago. I remember doing wheelie stands, and one time I tried to pop a wheelie and the metal attachment bust and my groin got a nasty hit flying over the broken bike.

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
a school bus. don't ask

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This may be inappropriate to many, but while hunting the beach, I am a bit reluctant to dig many foil signals. I get the occasional contraceptive packaging (of course used), and prefer not to touch them at all. I see a lot of them, and I don't even touch them. It is also especially embarrasing to try to explain what they are to my 9 year old sister, so I usually just say it's an old candy wrapper, and they don't make them any more because they were awful.

Hopefully she will value your wisdom and not try the candy herself to form her own opinion of the taste. Lol

mineralized_miner

Dec 2, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster GT
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully she will value your wisdom and not try the candy herself to form her own opinion of the taste. Lol
I very dearly hope so...

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was hunting a civil war camp in Tennessee once. It was my first time there. I was alone there several hours. I was getting tired and sleepy as I walked out into a clearing. I got a great signal , very very deep . i dug and I dug some more with my entrenching tool until I hit something. I probed and struck another blow with a shovel and realized the target was a big pipe. I stood up and walked a few feet and that is when I saw THE SIGN... Plantation Pipeline ! I almost blew up the whole neighborhood and myself ! Keep Alert , keep alert to your surroundings , dont get so tired that you could make a judgement error like I did.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread