Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
81 is good soil. It will generally be quiet when you GB for the most part unless the soil condition changes and you re-GB. There's not a whole lot of noise like some of the others. Good luck!

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember for auto-GB you have to hold the GB button down while you pump the coil.

OP
OP
Faccia

Faccia

Tenderfoot
Feb 11, 2014
Newtown Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites spectra v3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you guys. I am holding the gb button down and pumping the search coil.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is something to try. Go into manual ground balance and adjust it several numbers one way or the other. Now go back to auto and see if it moves when you pump the coil. Some ground is hard to get an auto balance in and you might have to use manual balance. You can watch the instructional videos on the Garrett website or read the manual on-line there, too.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neutral soil will not change numbers. I manual ground balance. Low tone raise number high tone lower number.

OP
OP
Faccia

Faccia

Tenderfoot
Feb 11, 2014
Newtown Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites spectra v3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all. I will try next time out and let you know.

tannerhatley

May 20, 2013
SE Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does the term pumping coil mean? I'm just a coin shooter and not a very good one :)

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does the term pumping coil mean? I'm just a coin shooter and not a very good one :)
raise and lower coil close to ground in a semi rapid manner.

cott1300

Mar 6, 2014
council grove ks
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250 & garrett AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got my at pro and when I try to auto ground balance it I'm not hearing anything. The ground balance number is showing 81. Is it broke? I did find a few modern coins.
your machine is fine, my AT usually auto GB's anywhere from 81-85 with little to no noise.

OP
OP
Faccia

Faccia

Tenderfoot
Feb 11, 2014
Newtown Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites spectra v3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys, GB is fine. Took it out to beach today and when I auto gb there I here tone while pumping coil. BTW only found 2 cents there. Then I went to the park around my house and found 88 cents and an old handcuff key. Started to rain so I left. Thanks for all your help.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
When doing auto gb, the closer the number gets to actual gb, the quieter it gets til its full quiet. atpro remembers last gb number when turned off. The best way to force a noisy auto gb is to manually bring gb to zero, then auto gb back to 80. It'll make some cool noise for sure.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When doing auto gb, the closer the number gets to actual gb, the quieter it gets til its full quiet. atpro remembers last gb number when turned off. The best way to force a noisy auto gb is to manually bring gb to zero, then auto gb back to 80. It'll make some cool noise for sure.
lol

OP
OP
Faccia

Faccia

Tenderfoot
Feb 11, 2014
Newtown Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites spectra v3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all. Got it working.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You probably should go to the Garrett website and watch the free videos. There are a few instructional ones you should watch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread