JJT

Tenderfoot
Mar 26, 2014
Rockwall
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First time I used my ACE 250,...every other swing was a Half dollar signal.....it took me a little while to figure out NOT to stand under power lines....or under ground pipes..etc.

It just takes time...Now if the coil is Jacked..that's another story...but if you are trying to discrimanate a "good " signal from a junk one...then you need to understand..you will dig more garbage then goodies....especially if you just started detecting

Nothing to be discouraged over

I never understood what "Learning my Machine"...but after year 2 of the ACE...i really started learnign what its funny signals meant...and how to tell if somethign was larger in the ground than a coin...even if it says its a coin

just takes some Time :occasion14:

That's what I needed to hear! Thank you very much!

OP
OP
spisswgt

spisswgt

Jun 24, 2008
Blue Springs Missouri
Detector(s) used
Ace Garrett 250
Radio Shack Discovery 2000
JJT, if you're on a tight budget like I am then you might want to get the Cen-Tech pinpointer from Harbor Freight...its 16 bux and has worked well for me...if they dont have it in-store or you don't live .ear one then you can also get them on their website. Good luck. -Spiss

JJT

Tenderfoot
Mar 26, 2014
Rockwall
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JJT, if you're on a tight budget like I am then you might want to get the Cen-Tech pinpointer from Harbor Freight...its 16 bux and has worked well for me...if they dont have it in-store or you don't live .ear one then you can also get them on their website. Good luck. -Spiss
Ty I'll look into it

flyingeagle52

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2013
I just got an ace250 and I'm picking up tons of tones. I try to discriminate and when I dig, I too don't find anything. I don't have a pin pointer which sucks, but working on getting one. I am kinda getting discouraged. I hope someone can help with some useful tips or advice. JJT
JJT u need to turn your sensitivity down the 250 is very sensitive

JJT

Tenderfoot
Mar 26, 2014
Rockwall
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JJT u need to turn your sensitivity down the 250 is very sensitive
Ty I have been doing a lot better now that I have about 500-800digs now. And I have. Garret pin pointer now so that is helping out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread