Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug a copper penny today at about 7". Sounded off crystal clear w/good solid vdi!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put a qauter in at around 7 inch and a dime at 7 inch in to separate holes now in pro zero with zero discrim and it didn't hit the targets good but in pro zero it grunted over the targets and in pro custom in hit them not strong but it still did any info on this .
you have to let your test garden settle. Try doing your test again after coins been in the ground for months.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dug a copper penny today at about 7". Sounded off crystal clear w/good solid vdi!

I got 3 indians this last weekend all of them were 8-10 inches my lesche was all the way in the hole...vdi was 40-70's jumpy

detectingpro

Feb 14, 2014
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Fisher F2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I buried quarters pennies and dimes that have been sitting in my yard for about 30-40 days. My detector the AT Pro would barely hit the 6 inch quarter. Give the coin some time to "become one with the ground" after a couple weeks or months it should pick it up better. I did dig a wheat penny at 8-9 inches with a clear faint high tone but no vdi. So I can't really complain about depth. But I do wonder if the real old stuff is down farther than any detector could reach.

HH

Sent from my expensive phone I really don't need

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

oakhunter27

Mar 25, 2010
ohio
They sounded like a coin and then it would jump and sound like a nickel or foil tone...

Were they after 1864 it seems like the bronze ones always do that on my pro no matter how deep VDI jumps around but on the fatties very clear 60 62 VDI

Sent from my SCH-S738C using TreasureNet in the middle of a field somewhere

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was asking a guestion not making a dept comparison. I was saying that in pro zero it grunted over the coin but in pro custom it hit it so I was wondering if you would get better dept in pro custom rather in pro zero sorry if I was miss leading, but thanks for the replys.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was asking a guestion not making a dept comparison. I was saying that in pro zero it grunted over the coin but in pro custom it hit it so I was wondering if you would get better dept in pro custom rather in pro zero sorry if I was miss leading, but thanks for the replys.
I've only used custom a few times I run in pro zero most times I'll give it a try in my test garden and get back with you. Make sure machine is ground balanced before testing. I buried coins flat and on edge the only one that I get an iffy signal on is a nickel buried flat at 9 inches. It may have settled a bit since I buried the coins but I get a good tone but I have to move around target. This garden has helped me a lot when I'm detecting so I know what to listen for. I got the idea of this garden from John Edmonton on tnet before I was even a member. Great guy with lots of exp.

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sort of did the same experiment with my F2. It definitely needs more time to settle. I have seen this type of tests but with coins buried for more than a year to make the test work.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine were buried last July so not a year yet so maybe that nickel will sound better in a few more months. My detector still picks it up just iffy signal but I would dig it if I came across that signal because of the depth. It does show 10 inches in pinpoint and sometimes no VDI when swinging over it. I'm picking up clad dimes in my test garden no problem at 8 inches with an 81-82 VDI so I'm very happy with my machine. I guess that's why I defend it when people feel the need to bash it on these threads. It's found a lot of silver for me. No solid gold yet though because I need to dig more pull tab signals. That's my own fault. Good luck everyone.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

The only difference between pro zero and pro custom is pro custom remembers your settings when you power up the machine. No magic there, it's just the only mode with a memory.

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only difference between pro zero and pro custom is pro custom remembers your settings when you power up the machine. No magic there, it's just the only mode with a memory.

Well do the test and then tell me , cuz one grunt and one hit it.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make no diff with my pro if in pro zero or custom it sounds the same. I switched to standard witch I never use and they all give off a great bell tone even the nickel gives a decent tone. I got a real iffy signal under my coil last fall that was deep so I dug it and out of the hole came a wheat and a merc dime. I remember they were the depth of my lesche digger so prob 9 inches. I got a good tone mixed in with a mid tone if I remember correctly. Def something I would dig and VDI was jumping from 82-70. And depth was maxed. Dig all the deep signals.

image-3904621827.jpg

OP
OP
D

dandut46

Nov 21, 2013
ma
Detector(s) used
Atpro ,etrac,t2se
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make no diff with my pro if in pro zero or custom it sounds the same. I switched to standard witch I never use and they all give off a great bell tone even the nickel gives a decent tone. I got a real iffy signal under my coil last fall that was deep so I dug it and out of the hole came a wheat and a merc dime. I remember they were the depth of my lesche digger so prob 9 inches. I got a good tone mixed in with a mid tone if I remember correctly. Def something I would dig and VDI was jumping from 82-70. And depth was maxed. Dig all the deep signals.

View attachment 980166

Well something must be wrong with mine which I just got back from Garrett I'll do it again and if I get the same results the I'll video it and post cause I dont understand why its grunts win its wide open

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why did you have to send it in if I may ask?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread