85 on vdi with AT pro

MTJosh

Jan 23, 2014
AZ & Deer Lodge, MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett propointer Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was out sunday at had a solid 85 hit. Not a typical number so was thinking some odd item or token. Was surprised when I popped out 5 pennies stacked and taped together. Zincs and coppers. This was in a house tear out area so might have been some kid playing around as one yard over found 8 pennies painted gold. So if you get a 85 it may be unique coin stack.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I dug a great sounding solid 85 not long ago with my at pro. It was three nickle's on top, then a 1962 quarter, then a 1951 wheatie on bottom all pancaked together at about 4 inches. It was my second silver quarter of the day...I wuz happy!
I have found silver rings that came in at 85 as well.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While quarters are usually a solid 84, I was on my way back to the car, swinging as I walked and got a SOLID 85..thought maybe silver quarter/half, and turned out to be a beautiful little .925 sterling silver ring...just as xr7ator stated. Actually my first silver, first ring...two firsts in one! ddf

C L A D Z I L L A

May 8, 2014
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
was out sunday at had a solid 85 hit. Not a typical number so was thinking some odd item or token. Was surprised when I popped out 5 pennies stacked and taped together. Zincs and coppers. This was in a house tear out area so might have been some kid playing around as one yard over found 8 pennies painted gold. So if you get a 85 it may be unique coin stack.

Some crazy old timers would replace a fuse with stacked pennies if they didn't have a fuse on hand.. Was the house tore down or did it burn down?? LMAO

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While quarters are usually a solid 84, I was on my way back to the car, swinging as I walked and got a SOLID 85..thought maybe silver quarter/half, and turned out to be a beautiful little .925 sterling silver ring...just as xr7ator stated. Actually my first silver, first ring...two firsts in one! ddf

Quarters on your machine are a Solid 84???...That's wild, On my Machine that is usually a Silver Dime...My Quarters are dead on 88-89....I do get 85's alot and they usally end up being a damn Wheatie or something..lol

OP
OP
M

MTJosh

Jan 23, 2014
AZ & Deer Lodge, MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett propointer Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quarters on your machine are a Solid 84???...That's wild, On my Machine that is usually a Silver Dime...My Quarters are dead on 88-89....I do get 85's alot and they usally end up being a damn Wheatie or something..lol

I get a solid 86 or 87. But the ground conditions will affect it. Just like I can get a dime at 81 up to a 83. But anything 86 or higher is a quarter or something else that could be good. my last wheats came up 80-82 depending on depth. Also been getting a lot of lawnmower hits in this area so they can be all over the place with those odd edges and seldom are they flat in the ground

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cladzilla, I see you met my father-in-law. LOL!

limitedthoughts

Mar 8, 2008
vale, oregon
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Quick Silver

Remember differnt soil = differnt numbers. I was on the beach this last weekend for the first time and my VDI was a good 5 points lower on everything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread