gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Garret 123XXXABC. It wont be waterproof. It will be, shall we say, a bit hotter. It will keep the killer snubby coils. It will have all metal mode and audio like cz. It will not be a low end crapper. It will have ergos. It will have multi frequency but Garrett hates multi frequency so scratch that, if Garrett hates multi frequency on vlf, so hell yes that idea is in the crapper, sorry about that. It will have a back light, but on second thought, I dont even care if it does because I use my propointer light to adjust the settings. It will have a back/forth button between all metal and scrim mode, so as to better facilitate finding the deeep crap better and stuff. Dont change the killer recovery, or awesome iron handling abilities, please. It wont break when dropped or banged up a bit. I like four tone with a stupendous high pitch on deep silver, enough to make you a bit aroused. Get the big fat azz wallet out.

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to have the VDIs I notch out (or turn off) NOT to sound off ///
I run the iron off up to 40, notch out 40-45, 60-70 and still get all kinds of beeps from these numbers ???? Why ?? Perry

Riverrunt1

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2014
Roanoke Rapids, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO & Garrett Pro Pointer & CTX 3030, ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would think some one or Garrett would come up with a cord for the headphones to extend it to under the cuff. I don't change my coils very often, so its not been a problem. I do change my head phone at least one or two times a week and it is very hard to plug and unplug them. Ok inventors, I have set the stage. You only need the plugs that Garrett uses and they need to be waterproof.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't the Garrett 1/4 headphone adapter fit this bill ... :icon_scratch:

Never mind ... they're not waterproof like I thought :censored:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would like to have the VDIs I notch out (or turn off) NOT to sound off /// I run the iron off up to 40, notch out 40-45, 60-70 and still get all kinds of beeps from these numbers ???? Why ?? Perry

You may be hearing beeps from numbers close to those notched filters. The notched out numbers will still show on the display. Sometimes you get a fast faint signal out of that range and the notched number overrides the display.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hunting today and was getting some emi and I was still finding clad coins a good depths. One of the dimes I found I was sure had to be silver because it was deep but to my disappointment it was a 1966. Dang thing sunk a ways over the years. It was black but I bet it was dropped close to that year because the details were great. I get pops and noises also but I only disc out a bit of iron because I don't want to miss masked targets. I don't think I've ever discriminated anything but a little iron since I've hunted with the pro. What I'm getting at is even with the noise it will still hit hard on a good target if you get you coil over it. Good luck.

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this is available, I have an adaptor on mine I bought off ebay but its the Garrett to 1/8" plug but it doesnt have a lead that runs up to the top.I'm sure I could just add the lead and tape up at the garrett plug to waterproof it.

You would think some one or Garrett would come up with a cord for the headphones to extend it to under the cuff. I don't change my coils very often, so its not been a problem. I do change my head phone at least one or two times a week and it is very hard to plug and unplug them. Ok inventors, I have set the stage. You only need the plugs that Garrett uses and they need to be waterproof.

Riverrunt1

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2014
Roanoke Rapids, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO & Garrett Pro Pointer & CTX 3030, ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett Headphone Adapter | eBay

Is this what you want? It says not to be submerged but I think they mean the 1/4" bit, not where it plugs in.
:thumbsup:

No. What I am saying is short cord just like what's on your headphones with the same plug and on the other end of the cord have a plug just like the one on the control box that you plug the headphones into. The cord needs to be about 22 inches long.

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with ya now, :thumbsup: You simply want AT Pro Male to AT Pro Female extension lead.

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

aluminummagnet

Tenderfoot
Mar 12, 2014
Magnolia TX
Detector(s) used
All Things Teknetics
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
1. Backlight (surprised nobody's come up with an aftermarket light)
2. Inverse audio button that will make the deeper targets louder than the shallow
3. Additional tones for the high end of the range (or across the spectrum)
4. User definable tones (at least provide a pick list of tones)

Aftermarket solution to the AT Pro back light issue.

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They did away with surface elimination and then did away with the backlight. My 1350 has a backlight...and I still use it for afternoon and night hunting. Some of the things mentioned you could make a case for added cost.........but a light. Come on.

thommo59

Mar 6, 2014
Australia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that aftermarket light
:thumbsup:

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a few years of use now, and some initial pizzing and moaning, I love the machine. The larger standard coil IS a bit heavy though and the headphone\coil connections are still a pain in the hoop. This machine has given me a lot of pleasurable experiences.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got my new ATP this week, and its miles ahead of the Tesoro and Fisher MDs I had 15 years ago. I got the 5x8 coil, and the waterproof headphones also.

My only complaint is that there are no wireless headphones. You'd think - wth the technology is here right now - why not? Lots of people complain about it.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got my new ATP this week, and its miles ahead of the Tesoro and Fisher MDs I had 15 years ago. I got the 5x8 coil, and the waterproof headphones also. My only complaint is that there are no wireless headphones. You'd think - wth the technology is here right now - why not? Lots of people complain about it.

In not sure I know of any mid range detectors with wireless headphones from the factory. Most of the bells and whistles go on the high end detectors because the manufacturers can get a premium for them. You can easily add a set of aftermarket wireless headphones to the AT Pro though if you like.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread