Thumbs up to Garrett service

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took my pin pointers in. I work close to factory. One pin pointer for repair, intermittently sounding off , the other just for a check up. One thing I was told is not to use Duracell Copper Top batteries. They are slightly taller and end up mashing the pad inside the cap. Extremely nice people. Bought a new Garrett T-shirt while there also. Their museum is awesome !

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is all I have ever used in mine( over a year now)..................never had a problem!
Took my pin pointers in. I work close to factory. One pin pointer for repair, intermittently sounding off , the other just for a check up. One thing I was told is not to use Duracell Copper Top batteries. They are slightly taller and end up mashing the pad inside the cap. Extremely nice people. Bought a new Garrett T-shirt while there also. Their museum is awesome !

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You won't have a problem until you use a shorter battery.

When I stop using the pointer for the day, I turn the battery upside down.

But this ended up destroying that little foam spacer pad. Looks like a piece of foam weatherproofing, nothing special.

I use a ghost-turd for a spacer now.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One thing I was told is not to use Duracell Copper Top batteries. They are slightly taller and end up mashing the pad inside the cap.!
Just a heads up…The cheap Polaroid 9v are much longer than other 9v I've seen. The do work in the Propointer but beware.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I stop using the pointer for the day, I turn the battery upside down. But this ended up destroying that little foam spacer pad. Looks like a piece of foam weatherproofing, nothing special. I use a ghost-turd for a spacer now.

Lol on the ghost-turd! I used to stick a pull tab on top my battery when it acted up. No shortage of them wherever I'm at.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread