AT Pro Seziure

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bah, 8 months old and I think I gotta send in my pro. Mind you it was a long winter so its really not even 8 months.

When I turn it on it goes crazy, with either coil on, tried resetting, new batteries, etc made sure it wasn't the coil. If I lower the sensitivity to 1 bar it quiets down. If I run in standard mode its quiet, but also doesn't see metal. I called Garrett and we tried everything I tried and more and the guy said to try swapping the coil and call back if its still doing it. I did and it was but then I called and it was after 4:30 so they were gone. I need to remember that trick when I'm doing phone support.

Anyway, whats the experience like sending in your detector? Do I pay for shipping and then just wait? Whats the turn around time like? Thanks!

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyway, whats the experience like sending in your detector? Do I pay for shipping and then just wait? Whats the turn around time like? Thanks!
Garrett will take care of you. They really do have THEE best customer service in the biz. Fan boys of other brands will say they do, but NOBODY and I mean NOBODY treats their customers like Garrett does.
Yes you pay shipping to send it in normally and wait. The wait will be short! Fantastic turn around time.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You pay for shipping to them and they pay to send back. They will get ya fixed up. I was without mine for just over a week when my battery compartment cracked (not battery holder). They put new housing on it and all is fine again. I sent them both coils along with just unit not on s shaft so they could test while they had it for optimal performance. It only cost me shipping one way. I bought pro last year at end of June. Good luck.

Eddie Current

May 17, 2011
Flooorida
Detector(s) used
CTX /AT Pro / Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sent my ATPro in last fall and the turnaround was about two weeks. The machine was falsing a lot and the Propointer was acting up too. The machine is now better than ever, as i think Garrett updated the system. (the tones changed and seemed more sensitive.) Yes, you have to pay shipping - plus sending it insured cost about $65 in total if you use a local shipper. I have used it a LOT since getting it back and am a happy camper. IT WILL find small gold rings that many detectors miss. ENJOY!

OP
OP
HenryWaltonJonesJr

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The machine is now better than ever, as i think Garrett updated the system. (the tones changed and seemed more sensitive.)

Thanks, I feel less crazy now!

I had rented an AT Pro last summer to try it out and when I purchased mine it just didn't seem like the one I rented. The tones weren't the same, it didn't seem to sing from one hit to the next in pro mode like it did when I rented it, it was always more of a Crunch Crunch to the next tone. I asked around and called Garrett about this, but I was led to believe it was working normally. I think there are probably a bunch out there that aren't right, but the users just don't know! I guess you'll know when it goes crazy...whatever is wrong seems to send them to the crazy house eventually.

Last edited:

Doug H

May 23, 2014
Cumberland, VA
Detector(s) used
White's coinmaster pro
Garrett at pro
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Other
I just Called them a couple of weeks ago for the same thing. They sent me a new coil that took care of the problem

OP
OP
HenryWaltonJonesJr

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mailed her last Thursday (Overnight) and got her back today! Haven't been out in the field but she seems to be singing better than ever! AMAZING turn around time...honestly if I was there watching it the whole time I don't think it could have gone any faster (and probably would have slowed them down)!

You always hear about their exemplary customer service...its so very true. Happy customer here!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread