help! i cant get the battery cover off my garret sea hunter!

OP
OP
ATpro5

ATpro5

Jan 4, 2013
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster,At Pro,Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ForumRunner_20140703_181543.png

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
If that's the Sea hunter I'm looking at then the cap is on way too tight. The straight line on the cap shouldn't go any further than the line that's marked on the detector. If you over tighten you jeopardize getting a leak under tighten and same thing. Prob why you can't get it open. You've over tightened. I would suggest getting a tool that can be put on either side inside the cap and twist it off.

madforclad

May 7, 2014
Hunting previously pounded sites
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab X Terra 705, Garrett AT Pro with 5" x 8" coil, Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, RTG 710 Scoop.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you really over tightened the cover. This happened to me when I lent my machine to a friend a he over tightened the cover. I had to put a thick rag over the plastic cover to protect it and then very gently loosened it with a pair of channel lock pliers. I am not recommending that you try this but I am a bit of a gambler and it worked for me.

OP
OP
ATpro5

ATpro5

Jan 4, 2013
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster,At Pro,Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Solved! Thanks guys. Stuck a rag over it and twisted it right off with a pair of pliers.

madforclad

May 7, 2014
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab X Terra 705, Garrett AT Pro with 5" x 8" coil, Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, RTG 710 Scoop.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you could buy one for 400$ would you think it was worth it?

It would depend on the condition. They are not bad machines. PI so you have to dig all targets. I read where some users are hitting targets at incredible depths however I personally have not experienced this. I do not like the shaft configuration either. It wobbles and cannot be secured as the plastic through bolts are not in the right places. $ 400.00 does not seem too unreasonable. Up here in Canada they retail for around $ 650.00. I will be selling mine to upgrade to an Excal or a Fisher CZ-21.

opee

Oct 26, 2009
hales corners. wi
Detector(s) used
BH and AT max
Thanks I will be passing on it. No salt water were I'm at. And with at pro5's help I decided to pass. Going to stick with my at pro.

madforclad

May 7, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I will be passing on it. No salt water were I'm at. And with at pro5's help I decided to pass. Going to stick with my at pro.

AT pro is fine for shallow fresh water hunting. I have found plenty with mine. I do salt water hunting as well and that is why I will be upgrading most likely to an Excal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread