AnonymousTurker

May 2, 2014
New Bedford Mass
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Slight Problem with Garret's Camo Digger's Pouch

So I got my pouch in the mail today after ordering from Amazon. While I can't go digging today due to a mixture of rain and flooding I wanted to check it out and see how I would wear it to make it work out. Anyway I open it up and the smaller inside pouch for the "good stuff" while having the zipper's teeth is completely missing the zipper. While it's a minor problem I suppose since replacing a zipper is annoying it's not hard and I did contact Amazon and they gave me a refund the quality control on a branded accessory product has me a bit concerned. Is this a fluke or has anyone else experienced something similar?

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seems to be a lot of the Garrett manufactured stuff now days that is failing the out of the box event.

GreatElb

Mar 24, 2013
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The zipper for the inside pouch also came off of mine during my first hunt with it. I've been using it for a year with the zipper missing.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
A

AnonymousTurker

May 2, 2014
New Bedford Mass
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The zipper for the inside pouch also came off of mine during my first hunt with it. I've been using it for a year with the zipper missing.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Sounds like piss poor quality control on Garret's part on choosing a manufacturer. Just disappointing to me that their side products don't live up to their detector's quality.

leafsforever3

Jan 3, 2013
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same problem with no zipper . Got a new one sent to me though. But yeah poor quality .

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gotta chime in.... no problems with mine, except for the fact that its camo:dontknow:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought mine would be junk too but I've beat it to death and it is still kickin.

CladGrabber

Oct 10, 2013
Tulsa Ok
Detector(s) used
AT PRO...Equinox 800...garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same with mine, inside zipper broke.
The second one is holding up thus far.

Last edited:

madforclad

May 7, 2014
Hunting previously pounded sites
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab X Terra 705, Garrett AT Pro with 5" x 8" coil, Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, RTG 710 Scoop.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got 3 of them and all have had zipper issues and the insides have come apart on 2 of them.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two of them and one was not sewn all the way for the good stuff pocket. Called garrett and they sent me a new one. Have had zero problems with that one and that's been over a year. My son uses the other when he detects (he's 5) so it was a win win for me. I had a problem with the edge digger also the handle glue got loose and handle came off but a bit of good marine glue and it was good to go. I have diff diggers so I don't use edge digger Mitch but it works great just rubber on handle should of been made from a harder rubber. Just my opinion. I'm not bashing garrett at all either because they stand behind everything they sell even if they didn't make it. When I buy a new detector it will be a garrett just waiting to see what they are going to come out with next. Don't need a pi so hoping for another at series type with more options.

RileyDigger

Jul 13, 2014
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was looking for a new pouch; glad I read this thread before ordering. I guess I'll keep looking.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my day we used hail aprons. Then I made my own out of scrap vinyl.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my day we used hail aprons. Then I made my own out of scrap vinyl.
I have a lowes nail apron also I use for river. Actually i have about 15 of those aprons left from a construction themed bday party for my sons 5th birthday.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

AnonymousTurker

May 2, 2014
New Bedford Mass
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to update this thread with some good news.

I emailed Garret to let them know of this experience and mainly to let them know the company they subcontract to is lacking in the quality control aspect. I told them I already received a refund via Amazon and was only letting them know of the quality issues that was going on.

Well the customer service agent replied to my email and thanked me and sent me out a new one despite already getting a refund via Amazon. It just came today. Inside in addition to the small keeper pouch actually having a zipper they included a Garret sticker, 50th anniversary patch and a 50th anniversary pin.

So I'm happy and glad to see Garret went above and beyond for me.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's why I'm a Garrett customer.

davehky

Jan 3, 2007
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 garrette pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had one couple of months now and is fine! I did have to get new headphones and they are over 30 bucks with shipping.My arm cuff on my ace 250 broke and garrett did send me a new one free,so they are a good company to deal with.

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My original one came without an interior zipper, I contacted Garrett and they sent me out another one ( no charge ) and even added a patch, decal and the 50th Anniversary Pin

They get my vote :icon_thumleft:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife sews marine canvas and does embroidery as well. I think I'll just have her make me a nice pouch out of Sunbrella, Velcro top with a pinpointer holder.

A nice embroidery job on it would be nice... Sounds like I need to crack the whip and get her sewing!

She made me some tool pouches and they have held up nicely. The Sunbrella is soft, yet sturdy enough to hold up. Can rinse it off too.

Great idea, thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread