New to the Ace 250 - modes?

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently picked up an Ace 250. I've been watching the vids, reading the setup tips, etc. one thing I can't seem to follow. Are the modes just preset descrims or is there actual programming changes that modify other settings? I ask because for Wet Sand, the vids (uncle John for one) say to go to jewelry mode and block out the 4 blocks to the left of nickel. Would the same thing work in Custom, or any of the other modes? Or is there a real difference in the modes?

Thanks

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently picked up an Ace 250. I've been watching the vids, reading the setup tips, etc. one thing I can't seem to follow. Are the modes just preset descrims or is there actual programming changes that modify other settings? I ask because for Wet Sand, the vids (uncle John for one) say to go to jewelry mode and block out the 4 blocks to the left of nickel. Would the same thing work in Custom, or any of the other modes? Or is there a real difference in the modes? Thanks
I had the ace 350 and notching out would loose some gold. But that setup would work to quiet it down a bit. I ran wide open and yes it's noisy but you can hear good targets in the junk. If ya have the money get the 5x8 DD coil for it and you can pick through the trash better.

OP
OP
Auriemma

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the 9x12 and the 6.5x9. I've been using the bigger on the beach.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only diference in the modes on the ace is what items are being discriminated.....I would guess guess the setting for wet sand would be to eliminate any falsing.

mtsheron

Jun 6, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+; and Lesche digging tools! Tesoro Compadre (daughter's machine)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Did the 250 come with the 8.5x11 DD Proformance coil? Not sure if this makes a difference but my 350 has that coil and it picks things up even with discrimination fairly well. No coins yet but have not gotten serious yet to hunting until fall gets here!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did the 250 come with the 8.5x11 DD Proformance coil? Not sure if this makes a difference but my 350 has that coil and it picks things up even with discrimination fairly well. No coins yet but have not gotten serious yet to hunting until fall gets here!
that 350 will find coins and will sound off good when you pass coil over it. The 250 doesn't come with the DD coil standard. I found a lot of silver dimes with the 350 before I bought my at pro. I'm glad I bought the 350 before the pro because it got me hooked on the hobby.

unfound

Apr 15, 2014
Western Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 350,
BH Tracker IV,
Garret Pro Pointer,
Lesche Sampson Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
set it on custom...notch out everything to one bar below nickel...set sensitivity bar so two or three bars are blank on the right side (i leave three blank), you will find plenty if ur coil goes over it...the difference in the modes are just notching...you'll get deeper in zero mode...but noisy..

OP
OP
Auriemma

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
set it on custom...notch out everything to one bar below nickel...set sensitivity bar so two or three bars are blank on the right side (i leave three blank), you will find plenty if ur coil goes over it...the difference in the modes are just notching...you'll get deeper in zero mode...but noisy..
thanks unfound. I'll give that a try.
Garrett confirmed what you said. They are just preset notching patterns. Nothing more.

deldave

Jul 9, 2013
coastal Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, ACE 250, pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is how i set my ace 250 for damp-dry sand in our local beaches. it seams to work well for me.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Won't work in wet saltwater sand, on high mineralized beaches..

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread