AT Pro Pull Tab:Nickel:Gold Ratio Experiement

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Eddie Current

May 17, 2011
Flooorida
Detector(s) used
CTX /AT Pro / Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had small gold rings hit in the 41-42 range... so I dig those signals if the are consistent and no iron barking. Overall, the ratio is probably close to the 1,000 to 1, so enjoy the thrill when you find the rings! :headbang:

OP
OP
Jeremy S

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since finding this gold I'm starting my next ratio count to. I probably won't post much of it on here like I did the first time, just the final result.

Winter is closing in fast; bad weather and shorter days making it harder to hunt. Going to be inside working on winter projects soon!

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations! What a streak! I'm still on my ptab streak but haven't been counting.

While the sound is still fresh in your ears would you say it was any more round or solid than a typical ptab hit or were you expecting something different?

OP
OP
Jeremy S

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations! What a streak! I'm still on my ptab streak but haven't been counting.

While the sound is still fresh in your ears would you say it was any more round or solid than a typical ptab hit or were you expecting something different?

It was a solid 52, and pinpointed just like a concentric object such as a nickel would. A sta-tab is generally a 52ish signal, but they tend to bounce around a bit in the low 50s range.... then again I've seen some nickels do that as well depending on the angle that they sit in the ground.

The ring part of an old style pull tab can sometimes be a solid 50-52 and give the exact same signal as a nickel.

When I dug the ring I was expecting a nickel. I knew I had something else when I couldn't hit this with my brass probe, so I used the probe to tear the sod slightly and had to poke around in the ground until I saw the ring.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread