Atpro water hunt

wanting rings

Aug 9, 2014
Muskegon
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro(main), White's adjustable sand scoop, Bounty Hunter quick Draw(back up 1), Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Garrett Ace 250(kids), & a tracker IV(Kids)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen a couple people do it but mine is still dry for the same reason. I am not sure:dontknow:

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your detector should have had plastic caps over both the coil and headphone connection when it shipped. You need to put the plastic cap over the headphone port when you submerge it if you don't have headphones plugged in. If you lost it, email Garrett and they'll email you a new one for free.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes you can submerge the ATP with stock headphones. The jack has an oring just like the waterproof headphones, so you can hunt in as deep of water as you feel safe not to dunk the actual headphones.

wanting rings

Aug 9, 2014
Muskegon
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro(main), White's adjustable sand scoop, Bounty Hunter quick Draw(back up 1), Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Garrett Ace 250(kids), & a tracker IV(Kids)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent in for the cap a week ago, They sent it out very fast along with a 50 year patch and a window decal. I am truly amazed with their customer service, It's amazing. I have another brand, ask them about their product about 3 weeks ago, sent two messages and still have not heard a thing about them. If you need support, I don't see how you can really beat garrett. If their is others like this I think that is great too, I just don't have them, Yet. I plan to water hunt then Monday I hope.

And thanks for the quick responses

ATProAdam

Jan 25, 2013
Salisbury NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Garrett online training videos say you can submerge the non water proof headphones cord just not the headphones themselves. The connection is waterproof but to dunk your head underwater to have to have the fully submergible headphones. So you should be fine as long as you don't let the regular headphones it came with underwater, just the cord.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread