AT Pro on the beach

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks! I have been hunting these past few weeks more at the beach. To be honest I am very impressed at this machine's performance! Of course there are better machines out there for salt water use but still very impressed! Man I have found pennies as deep as 12" in wet sand! Yesterday I found a 1966 washington at 1 foot deep! I thought it was a ghost signal but I kept digging and water started to come out. Reached with my hand and there it was! Of course it all depends on what beach your at. Since not all beaches are the same. But definitely I'm really happy with my machine! Most of the time I hunt in zero disc, pro zero mode, GB at 10-15 and minus 2-3 sensitivity & it works real quiet!

madforclad

May 7, 2014
Hunting previously pounded sites
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab X Terra 705, Garrett AT Pro with 5" x 8" coil, Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, RTG 710 Scoop.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your lucky. AT Pro won't work well at all here in the wet salt/sand where I am. Contiuous falsing etc.. Not bad in dry sand though. Oh well I have other machines I use.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm getting my Pro in a few days and will be taking it to Myrtle Beach. Anyone know how it fares there?

Mine worked pretty well at Myrtle Beach. GB at around 11 in the wet and drop the sensitivity a bar or two. Found a gold ring and silver bracelet.

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was in PR earlier this year and my AT Pro went nuts on Rincon beach it was totally UN-usable, but did very well on the beach about two miles east of the airport by the hotels

OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in PR earlier this year and my AT Pro went nuts on Rincon beach it was totally UN-usable, but did very well on the beach about two miles east of the airport by the hotels

Yeah I know what u mean! My ATP went nuts also on some beaches in Rincon. But I mainly go to beaches on Cabo Rojo. Thats more on the southwestern part of the island. In some beaches honestly, I could use my machine with sensitivity fully cranked and hear no chatter whats ever!

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I've developed a depth and temp technique out here on the Great salt Lake, pockets can be more salty than other locations due to tide roll or lack of. It really amazes me the differences on certain locations, but the bad rap I'm reading about salt water and the ATP is not very true, sure there are issues but not like some write about. Now the ATG whole different animal, leave it home!!

SunriseBoy

Sep 1, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Luck has nothing to do with it. It's management of the device (which was well explained) that's the key to effective finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread