Im joining the family.

swolfe

Jul 8, 2012
Rockford Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Beep and Dig Harbor Freight 9 function detector.
Whites Coinmaster DB/4
Whites Coinmaster Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm joining the family.

After a fairly dismal year of land finds, I've decided to try some water hunting. The most logical way I could see to add water capabilities to my arsenal was to get an AT Pro. I hope I can learn to recover targets in the water :)

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Welcome Swolfe! You are buying a great metal detector. Owning an ATP is like owning 2 detecors. One a water machine and one a land machine. Good luck with your finds. If you have any questions, just ask. There are a lot of experienced ATP users here.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the water! The water is cooler and you'll find your chances on finding rings is much greater. Plus you'll see more girls than in the parks.

Good Luck!
Sandman

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Swolf - You wont be able to hunt any water in America, as I have laid claim to all of it. I figure if Florida can do it, why can't I? :dontknow:

titaniumsalute04

Aug 5, 2014
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
At Pro w/ stock and 5x8 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the water! The water is cooler and you'll find your chances on finding rings is much greater. Plus you'll see more girls than in the parks.

Good Luck!
Sandman

Haha! And that's all you'll be doing is "seeing" them because giant head phones and a metal detector ain't exactly what women look for in a guy! lol With that being said, I can't wait to get an ATP and giant head phones.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck in the water. I love taking the pro to the rivers around me. The rivers are mostly rocky silty bottom here so only thing I need is garrett retriever with magnet and my homemade float I drag behind me that sifts and holds my finds while I'm still hunting. Most of my finds in the river are retrieved by hand or by the magnet on the handle of the retriever. I made a scoop out of a metal feed scoop, just drilled a lot of holes and it works good on the beaches at local farm ponds and silty bottoms. I was up on Lake Erie a couple weeks ago and waded out up to my chest and really wish I had a long handled scoop so if I do much more of that I'll have to make or buy one. The water is a fun place to hunt and a lot of detectors can't hunt in them so the good stuff is just waiting for you to come get it. Have fun and good luck.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats and great choice!

OP
OP
swolfe

swolfe

Jul 8, 2012
Rockford Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Beep and Dig Harbor Freight 9 function detector.
Whites Coinmaster DB/4
Whites Coinmaster Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Good Luck!
Sandman

Looks like you weren't lying. First water hunt and I found a small silver ring with a purple stone. It's in electrolysis right now :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread