Jun 22, 2013
Cedar Rapids IA area
Detector(s) used
Manticore
AT Pro
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been playing with the AT Pro lately and about two weeks ago switched over to:

Pro Mode
Iron Audio off
Iron Discrimination 16
Auto Ground Balance then drop by 8
Nothing notched

I keep going over the same areas (as I've found some old coins/relics in the area) and noticed with these settings I'm picking up more nickels than I have in the past. In clad country I probably wouldn't care but thinking there may be a buff or two I missed I've been playing with that setting.

The setting gets rid of some of the iron grunting which is pretty heavy in the area. Sure I get false hits on things (ie. low tone vs iron squawk), but by dropping some of the iron noises, it seems easier to hear even higher tones.

Just wondering if settings like these was anybody elses go to setup.

Last edited:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unless you dig iron bump up the disc to 31-35. It won't stop your nickel count and it will quiet it down a lot.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I set up about 27 on iron disc in trashy areas then if something is questionable I turn iron audio on. I never notch anything never have. Good luck hope you find some buffs.

OP
OP
F

Fourman110

Jun 22, 2013
Cedar Rapids IA area
Detector(s) used
Manticore
AT Pro
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya, I usually put the disc on at 31, which should be well outside of that range. I guess I've started looking a bit more for gold and thought I'd try the lower iron disc setting. Next thing I know the distracting tones have been knocked down a bit. If I see VDI of low 30's I skip it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions