OK.....When Someone Asks You "WHAT WAS YOUR BEST FIND"....You Answer What?

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
animated-treasure-image-0005.gif

Or, maybe it's something else all together.....

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
John,

I have managed to find quite a bit of jewelry but relics and military items are my favorites.

Regards + HH

Bill

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually tell them my first silver was my best find....Or that I havent found it yet

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I always tell them i have not found it yet.. If they push it i tell them nothing worth talking about… As a matter of fact when i delivered some trees this morning one of the men there saw my AT hat …And asked if i metal detected i said i sure do … Then he asked did you ever find any thing worth while …I said nope never did only pennies and nickels , dimes , and a lot of junk …. He said yes i know what you mean he said he also detected but quit about 7 years ago .. He said he got sick of all the junk he dug up..and only a few coins now and then...

Last edited:

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say the old fire dept badge dating back too 1800's from our local township fire dept. it's a tough choice but that's the one I keep coming back too. I like this thread will be interesting to see what everyone has as a favorite. Great idea John.

Last edited:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I brag about my WW1 infantry ring, and also my lead toys from the 1930's... they dont need to hear about my rotten zinc collection

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I think a stash of about 70 tokens. There were only 2 known to exist so they were values at about $90.00 a piece. Well, with all token finds, the price dropped to about $10.00 a token. I should have kept my yap shut!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Although I have found many things older, my favorite probably has to be my only Civil War bullet ~ a .58 cal 3 ringer.
image.jpg

flysar

Mar 8, 2013
WA
Detector(s) used
Current: Equinox 800, Makro Gold Racer, Fisher CZ-20, various Tesoro's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Final Rites

Oct 8, 2014
Troy, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ive found a nice Big 18k Mens wedding band and some nice silver but I really enjoy finding this that I have to do research on to find out what they are. Still looking for my "BEST" find.

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1875 Seated Liberty dime, in the middle of nowhere, detected on a hunch and presto... I couldn't believe my eyes.

Running a close second would be a turn of the century engagement ring found next to an old well, the kind you lowered the bucket down to get some water for the house. I assume it was very cold and some poor woman cranked up the bucket, her hands freezing and not realizing she lost her ring. If only I knew.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
An endangered species. A Wild Scottish Cat. I crossed a small rock wall near Loch Ness(waiting for the tour bus), walked a bit in the woods, sat down under a tree. Come to think of it, I guess he found me. We spent several minutes looking at each other and he wandered away. I went back to the road, caught the bus, but never saw Nessie. Sure cost a lot of money to see a cat...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread