I Was A Ring Jerk This Weekend

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
DSC_0740_zps15f6f25a.jpg~original

We got our share of freezing rain on frozen roads, then fresh snow to lubricate the roads even more. The police were asking everyone to stay home, so I did. Saturday I made 3 1/2 pounds of the best pepper jerky you can get. Today I whipped up 6 coin rings as fast as I could. I was playing around with my recently purchased photo tent, shooting pics of the rings in manual mode. This is my first attempt.....I had to play around with shutter speed and a aperture settings. There is a bit of a learning curve to this manual setting. I used my punch set to pop out the centers to speed things up and photographed them too.

DSC_0763.JPG

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really like the rings. I need to get a steel mandrel , I got one at Michaels and its aluminum wont work I have a lot of Mexican coins I want to do, I live in the central valley of Ca. have all kinds of customers for those.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You posted about the Bi-metal coins also that you made rings into I believe, those were cool also.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions