Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here are a couple of cleaned up pieces that I found this year. I initially tossed them in my trash bag but decided to clean them up after looking them over a second time.

The top one was a jumpy VDI# of 60-70 tone and looked like a piece of old sheet metal, it was found at an old home site. The second item was also a jumpy VDI of around 70 and was found at an old school. The "before" picture shows it just after rinsing off some of the mud. A short time in my rock tumbler revealed a lot more! There were several other concentric or square shaped pieces of metal that turned out to be nothing more that scrap pieces of sheet metal and other trash.

trashfinds.jpg

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Always inspect your finds

I agree with you Jeremy S. It pays to really check your finds because you never know what a little cleaning & inspection may reveal. I once found a Totenkopf which was caked with mud and all I saw were two bent tabs sticking out from an unknown metal piece. I was getting ready to trash it when I decided to put it in my pocket so I could inspect it later on because I had just started a long day of detecting. About 5 hours later and the relic bouncing around in my pocket, the mud had dried up and fallen off. When I went to retrieve it from my pocket at the end of the day and took a second look...............let's just say I was floored! I posted a photo of this a little over two years ago but this is a perfect example to definitely take a second look at your finds because you never know!

***I found this while I was stationed in Germany.

Attachments

• Totenkopf.gif
    Totenkopf.gif
    2 MB · Views: 137

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread