Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With the end of the year right around the corner I'm going to start adding up my clad found for this year. Last year I had right at $112.64, so hopefully I will be able to beat that amount this year.

Maybe I will have a chance to squeeze in one more hunt this year, probably at one of two local parks that usually produce a lot of clad and the occasional ring.

Share your clad finds for the year!

OP
OP
Jeremy S

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finally got it all counted.

Penny: 1012 = $10.12
Nickel: 232 = $11.60
Dime: 386 = $38.60
Quarter: 264 = $66.00
Dollar: 2 = $2
Total: $128.32

Just enough to buy that new AT Pro Pointer!

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll be honest, I don't keep track of all the clad I find. I keep all of it but I just throw the coins in a jar full of my pocket change and count everything up after the jar becomes full. I'm all about the older stuff. :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
Jeremy S

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll be honest, I don't keep track of all the clad I find. I keep all of it but I just throw the coins in a jar full of my pocket change and count everything up after the jar becomes full. I'm all about the older stuff. :icon_sunny:

I sort mine and toss it into jars throughout the year and only count it at the end of the year. I dig a lot of clad trying to find the old stuff :thumbsup:

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put my clad in kids piggy banks. Last time I did it a couple months ago it was over $50

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I got so many clads I buried 900 pennies in back yard and got another 300 to either throw away or take some to the coin machine that will pass in it. shortribs rwd mo

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Everyone,

I just throw the clad coins in a 6 quart Tupperware container, it’s just about full. I’ll get a new one for this year’s finds. I usually do not look for clad, but if it’s there I’ll dig it! In one hole (next to a utility pole), I dug over 50 wheat pennies and a nice silver ring – you never know!

Regards,

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't track what I dig, but I don't toss it either. I keep everything I dig let the kids or wife figure it out. LOL!

MTJosh

Jan 23, 2014
AZ & Deer Lodge, MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett propointer Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2014 I had $925 in clad. But that was between turf (AT pro) and beach (whites DFPI) guesstimate is half and half so $400-425 with the garrett. Already over $55 with the AT pro this year. Hit a few parks where it was easy $10-15 in clad (quarter counts of 25-40 each time add up fast). These were only 2hr hunts too. Was passing on dimes after digging 10-20 shallow ones. Thankfully a few wheats each trip so potential for old items. Pulled a nice 14k marked ring only to test it and find out it is fake brass. I hate finding fake rings.

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last years total was 637.54 going to try to beat that. at lest I found enough to buy 2 detectors and accessories over the last 2 years.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You all are kicking tail! Nice work!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions