Ace 250 great for beginners but what about?

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Depends on where you hunt and how you hunt. Soil type, water, salt, deep targets, gold, high trash areas, relics, etc. if your coin hunting in a newer school yard or park they work just fine.

OP
OP
C

Coin Head

Jan 20, 2015
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tecknetics Delta
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Depends on where you hunt and how you hunt. Soil type, water, salt, deep targets, gold, high trash areas, etc. if you coin hunting in a newer school yard or park they work just fine.

I usallly do old farm sights and houses I detect in North Carolina our soil is very fertile

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you have the opportunity borrow someone's high end detector and see if you finds increase on the same spots you have hunted. I normally tell people to buy the best they can afford, but if you don't get any better results with a high end detector you could save yourself some cash!

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
I started with the 250. Sold it and got 350. Sold it got out of MD for awhile and got AT pro for CHRISTmas. I have found all 3 machines to be very good.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if you are a dig it all type person stay with the 250 --because it comigles good stuff like nickel s ,gold items and pull tabs into 1 common "block" -- if however you don't want to waste time and want to be a bit more picky --then get say a delta 4000 ( $279) which has a 0 to 99 numbers type display vs the 12 blocks on a ace 250 ( thus roughly 8 times the sorting possibly) --via the numbers one can sort out 60 (pulltabs) vs 67 a 14 kt ring --vs 58 a 10 kt ring -while not totally perfect some pull tabs will ring up like a 10 kt ring (58) still due to size and metal make up --it will cut way down on digging pull tabs thus making the time you dig more productive -thru less trash digging..

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started with the 250 and was happy with it and made some nice finds...I got the AT pro and liked that it had standard mode which is just like the 250 but deeper...I use pro mode now and I love my AT pro and have made some really nice finds with it...everything from silver coins, gold and silver rings, gold and silver chains and even a 24k bracelet...I don't plan on getting a different detector anytime soon...the Ace 250 is a good detector but the AT pro is a step up.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello,

Buy an AT Pro, use pro-mode, learn the tones and have a great time finding great stuff.

Regards,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread