Another first with AT pro - SLQ

MTJosh

Jan 23, 2014
AZ & Deer Lodge, MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett propointer Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quick story - yesterday went back to where I found the barber half a few weeks ago and from 6-8" among the trash pulled my first SLQ. no date ad beat up but another item off my detecting bucket list.

Long story- Yesterday on my way from the beach to verify beaches still awful confitions went back to to where I found the barber half. Been there twice since then with a few more wheats found. Did get the end cap off a gas mask filter so assume WWII civil patrol that was in area then. Yesterday was digging everything. Plenty of bottle caps and screw caps still attached to broken bottles (gloves a must here with all the old broken glass). had a jumpy high 80's hit at 6-8"among a sea of trash. Came at it from many angles and the higher hit was only from a 10 degree window. Out pops a coin. It was beat up couldn't even tell what it was till I looked close. To my surprise I see the standing liberty. My first SLQ!! No date and very worn. I keep at it till dark with some 60's pennies. There is so much trash in this area, the engineer in me is figuring out grid patterns to give optimum varying angles of attack on the area. Already been piling up trash to haul out. This was good for me to show that even after hitting a spot 2-3 times still great find may be there. I have only pulled 14 coins and 4 where wheats, 1 SLQ and 1 barber half. The rest modern clad. Think I might go back this week and just keep at it from every direction possible, remove more trash and see what other great finds I can get. Maybe get some more firsts. Just amazed to get two coins I have always wanted and to have them only 20-30' apart.

Attachments

• SLQ smaller file.jpg
    SLQ smaller file.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 70
  • SLQ back smaller file.jpg
    SLQ back smaller file.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 82

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations good luck and happy hunting. Burn the place up until it's boring for the next guy.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of people are finding those lately. I'm still waiting for my first one. I've found harder to find coins but for some reason that one eludes me. Hope to find one this year when we thaw out. Congrats.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice silver find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread