I need to put the ATP on a Diet!

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a great shaft. It wont make a big difference in weight, but it does change the balance. Plus you can tilt the display head towards you.

Wayne

Www.metaldetectingstuff.com

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its a great shaft. It wont make a big difference in weight, but it does change the balance. Plus you can tilt the display head towards you.

Wayne

Metal Detector Sales and Rentals | Fisher, Garrett, Minelab, White's ? Metal Detecting Stuff

Thanks,Wayne!:thumbsup: I was really wanting to cut down the weight on the ATP,but maybe the shaft will help? I've heard a straight shaft is better handling (balance wise),than a s type shaft.but have never operated a machine with one. With the 5 X 8 coil,it's not too bad,but it's a club with the stock coil on it! I use a Detecting Buddy sling with the larger coil,and it helps a lot,but always seems to be in the way,when I put the ATP down.

Last edited:

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow pricey a detecting buddy would be cheaper and put weight of detector on your upper back

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow pricey a detecting buddy would be cheaper and put weight of detector on your upper back

Yeah the detecting buddy works great until I want to set the ATP aside to dig!:dontknow: It's like having your dog on a short leash,and trying to bend over to pick up a dime! :laughing7:

Last edited:

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I only use it if I put the nel storm on my at gold. I've been using the 5x8 the last few hunts because I'm in some trashy areas and that coil doesn't bother me but any bigger and my shoulder starts to hurt. I have a bad shoulder anyway. I'm hoping Garrett comes out with a new detector this year and gives it better balance or lighter. The stock coil on the pro wore my shoulder out also but I would just switch arms back and forth. Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea I only use it if I put the nel storm on my at gold. I've been using the 5x8 the last few hunts because I'm in some trashy areas and that coil doesn't bother me but any bigger and my shoulder starts to hurt. I have a bad shoulder anyway. I'm hoping Garrett comes out with a new detector this year and gives it better balance or lighter. The stock coil on the pro wore my shoulder out also but I would just switch arms back and forth. Good luck.
PM Sent!

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a member on here not to long ago that was making straight shafts at a fraction of that price. Not sure if he still is ut they looked really good to me.

JimK

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea I remember search site it will come up

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread