Price drop

FollowTheBeep

Jul 15, 2014
Bloomington, IL
Detector(s) used
Racer, ACE 250, Propointer AT, Cen-tec pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm trying to decide on a new machine and I'm currently torn between the AT Pro and the Makro Racer. In the never ending research process, I noticed on a large vendors site that the AT has just dropped in price. Is this indicative of something new coming to replace it or in response to a reduction in sales due to other brands? Either way it makes my decision that much more complicated.

OP
OP
F

FollowTheBeep

Jul 15, 2014
Bloomington, IL
Detector(s) used
Racer, ACE 250, Propointer AT, Cen-tec pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It might be a typo. Clicking on the link to the product Paige gives the usual price...

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was like you in the beginning stuck between those very 2 brands. I went with the Garrett because it is made in America not Turkey and I figured that the service would be better among other notions I had...d2

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm trying to decide on a new machine and I'm currently torn between the AT Pro and the Makro Racer. In the never ending research process, I noticed on a large vendors site that the AT has just dropped in price. Is this indicative of something new coming to replace it or in response to a reduction in sales due to other brands? Either way it makes my decision that much more complicated.

Both the AT Pro and the Racer have received positive reviews. I've only used the AT Pro, but if I had to make the decision between those two, I wouldn't hesitate to go with Garrett. In addition to being an American product, Garrett is known for its A+ customer service. Makro is in Turkey, which could cause delays in dealing with any issues. On another note, Makro/Nokta seem to have an active presence here on TNet, which I feel is important for any company to do.

In a COMPLETELY unrelated and personal note, I have no interest in supporting any products made in Turkey, as their government has complicated US efforts in dealing with Syria/ISIS. I'm not in any way suggesting anyone else should use that information to make a decision about a metal detector, it is just my personal opinion.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the obvious, the AT Pro being completely waterproof is a HUGE sense of security, even if you don't detect in water. A rogue storm has the potential to fry the board of an unprotected Racer.

Last edited:

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Silver Simon, your personal idea's were the same as my "other notions"...d2

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

The Garrett AT Pro is by far the best detector for the $ out! Its my pick every time. No its not getting replaced. BE sure to call us and ask for the forum price or if you have questions before you buy! ;)

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I didn't know of any price drop? Was that from the big one in Florida?

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread