AT Gold anomaly

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just bought an AT gold,and i only have about three hours on it,but twice i detected a penny one about 8 inches down and the other 6 inches.I got a great signal on them and good solid display numbers.Now comes the anomaly,I had left my pin pointer at home and when i got the pennies out of the hole the atg would not sound off on them.The one i dug at eight inches i couldnt get a sound until i threw the dirt it was in back in the hole,then i was barely getting a signal and the other penny i barely got a signal out of the hole and i did try raiseing the coil higher trying to find the pennies out of the hole.Any suggestions...Thanks Barry

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
speed or sens setting my guess.at pretty hot..may miss something too close or discrim changed when disturbed.lets us know if you get a handle on it...were they zincs?

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Was there a lot of oxide covering the coin? That would make it read as a weaker target once the oxide halo is disturbed when digging it up.

My YOU TUBE Channel-Detecting, Coin Ring Crafting, Water Hunting - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8CORF4dsmopibINy0fWzGA

Untitled.jpg

OP
OP
B

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dime was clad,penny was copper.I took the gold out yesterday for bout 3 hours,it did better but would at times have issue after target out of hole...But im really liking the gold...it realy loves coins more than the pro,especially nickles....a side note ,I found my second silver yesterday,a 49 rosie..yeehi...lol...second pic is a clad dime ,it came out of hole like that and i thought it was neat still stuck in the dirt the way it fell...I actually left it like that and brought it home...lol IMAG1156.jpg IMAG1155.jpg

OP
OP
B

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS to bigfoot...what i thought was two pennies on that first three hour hunt, turned out to be a penny and a dime...lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread