Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really want to pick up a Nel Snake for an old trashy homestead foundation. I have read numerous positive feedbacks & a few negative ones (mostly to just save your money and buy a 5x8). Has anyone used both the snake and the Garrett 5x8? Or done a side by side comparison?
I know the 5x8 is an amazing coil, but I like the idea of having a smaller coil to also get into the brush. This place is in the middle of the woods & severely overgrown.
Thanks in advance

Trevor

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't read that much, but the major CONS that I have read is that the Depth is only around 6-8" which isn't bad, and that the 5x8 is actually better at locating a smaller area being DD.
BUT... I have not used one, just what I have read. I have a 5x8 and it's the cats ass...

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the Nel Snake is DD also

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Nel Sharpshooter, which is closer to the Garrett 5x8, the Snake is more like the Garrett Sniper only it's a DD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread