QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been wanting to get a new detector for a long time and a good deal came across my screen so ordered a new Garrett Infinium and Greyghost headphones. I've been going back anfd forth and ultimately the TDI Pro is really what I wanted but this year I plan exploring some old swim holes that are basically no longer used and couldn't afford to dip the Pro and lose a big investment. I've always liked the infinium and I think it will be a good learning unit for PI, not as complex as the Pro.

I originally was thinking used but the machines were like 5 years or older and not that cheap. The two items were cheaper than the price of the Infinium alone so pulled the plug. I'm going to go order an Anderson carbon fiber shaft as well and that will be my only metal detecting ewuipment for this year oh and a sand scoop.

:coffee2:

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Best of luck with your new machine and BIG gold to you! :occasion14:

OP
OP
QMaze

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the Anderson carbon shafts, they have 2 available, standard and long shaft, why would you choose one over the other?

Prospector54

Jan 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great to here, best of luck with it. I used mine once after getting it and it's awesome, thanks for all your help and happy hunting.

OP
OP
QMaze

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great to here, best of luck with it. I used mine once after getting it and it's awesome, thanks for all your help and happy hunting.

Thanks very much, and you're welcome, I don't think you needed any of my help, you found a beautiful package deal. After weighing my options, there was only about $400 difference between the new and used. And with this particular used one it was only the detector, no other accessories. Since my only detector previously was a new Fisher 1235-X, most likely I'll have this one for sometime as well and now it will open up some water hunting for me.

DannyB1954

Nov 29, 2015
Pahrump, Nv.
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, DFX, V3i. TDI SL
Fischer F-75, F-19, CZ7a Pro.
Garrett Infinium, ATX
Nokta AU Gold, Racer, Simplex, legend
Minelab Explorer SE
Tesoro Lobo ST, Tejon, Compadre
Teknetics Omega 8500
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took My infinium out today. I worked the same park area that I had inconclusive results with a White's DFX and a Teknetics Omega 8500 the day before.
The signals were very clear and I got some really deep pull tabs. The old Beaver tail jobs. A couple of coins too. I was not at it long before a lonely older lady stopped by and I could tell she needed to chat more than I needed to detect. All together a most pleasant day.

OP
OP
QMaze

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took My infinium out today. I worked the same park area that I had inconclusive results with a White's DFX and a Teknetics Omega 8500 the day before.
The signals were very clear and I got some really deep pull tabs. The old Beaver tail jobs. A couple of coins too. I was not at it long before a lonely older lady stopped by and I could tell she needed to chat more than I needed to detect. All together a most pleasant day.

Awesome. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
QMaze

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well heres what hitting Buy It Now gets you. Lol

20160113_162617.jpg

OP
OP
QMaze

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just the anderson shaft , 14 inch mono and beach scoop left.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions