Garrett Infinitum LS - Unboxing Review - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Garrett Infinitum LS - Unboxing Review

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jul 2013
    1215 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    These are the pair I bought. 5mm neoprene. V

ca
    Aug 2015
    Windsor, ON
    Fisher 1235-X | Garrett Infinium LS
    151 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160123_100309_Richtone(HDR).jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	714.1 KB 
ID:	1263828

Bit of ice build up today. Uggg

Mar 2005
    Canada
    Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
    2580 times
    Yes......chest waders with long underwear are a must at this time of year water hunting.
    Wife + 4 kids (no grandkids yet)Orthopedics RN, photagraphy,writer, build electronic gizmos, previous hot air balloon pilot, coin collector for 40 years.

"METAL DETECTING IS A HOBBY AND HOBBIES ARE MEANT TO BE ENJOYED"

ca
    Aug 2015
    Windsor, ON
    151 times
    We have had a break in the weather yesterday was 9c and right now its like 4 or 5c. Going to head back to that beach area in an hour and finally try the new detector.

ca
    Aug 2015
    Windsor, ON
    151 times
    Once upon a time, there was a boy, a boy who dreamed of taking out his new shiny detector....and I then I woke up and reality set in, it's the middle of winter......Well that didn't go as planned, I am completely soaked thru. It started to sprinkle as I left and temps went to 4c but thought little drops won't wont hurt anything so I should be able to at least get an hour or so. Getting to the beach I noticed a father and son there and guess what the boy had a shiny detector, a Bounty 2200, actually quite a nice little machine his Xmas present and his first time out. Had a short but nice chat and then got serious. The EMI issues I had at home completely gone, tone was smooth from the power up. Kept disc at 0 and threshold had to bump quite a bit cause I had a toque on. Within 5 secs quickly discovered I had only 3-4 inches of loose sand frozen solid then it happened.......wait for it.........wait for it....friggin rain, the sky just opened up, I've never seen such heavy rain in winter before. 30 minutes later I was splashing around like a little kid cleaning my boots off and washing the coil. Back to my vehicle I go, I was soaking wet but man this detector is going to be fun. I dug bits of pieces of metal but most of the targets were hitting in the frozen sand, I tried gouging it out like an ice pick but it was like cement and sooner or later I was going to slip and maybe cut my fingers off.

Jul 2013
    1215 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Nice story. I remember the day I first went detecting at my very first beach. Similar to yours. Wind was ridiculously blasting and slight drizzle in the spring air with layers of ice still on some of the shore line, but where there was wet sand, I was able to dig. Long story short, I too was drenched and cold in no time but I kept swinging my new ace250. Two silver rings and a couple loonies and I was stoked to the max!! Needless to say I went straight to Cabelas after and got my self an awesome rain jacket warm gloves and Chest waders. Now I was set, and I didn't have to call it quits when Mother Nature was being nasty. It sucks when you drive an hr, waist $$$ on gas and have to head home.

ca
    Aug 2015
    Windsor, ON
    151 times
    Yeah I need to either buy a new set of neoprenes or find my old ones but they were the sock type, I think I'd like boots attached this time. But it was darn cold, the rain really drops the temperature and I only wore a shell jacket cause it was warmer, as soon as it got soaked it was cold, my hands were warm surprisingly with just mechanics gloves. I need to order a scoop next month and when I go back I hope I run into the father son cause I'd like to give the kid my hand scoop cause he only had this little plastic scoop from a sand pail.

Jul 2013
    1215 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    The boot design is by far better than the sock and shoe style. I had those and I ended up returning them. I only used em once. Cabelas took them back no prob. The boot kind are awesome.

Jul 2013
    1215 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    That kid I'm sure will be happy with a new scoop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links