Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To start off I was going to order a brand new pro pointer for Christmas so its my own fault I'm in this position for buying it on Kijiji in the first place but it said new in box and the price was great. When I picked it up it looked perfect and could tell it was never used. The first time I used it out in the field I knew something wasn't right because it would not do the double beep for ground balancing and I get false signals just touching it and also dirt. I looked online and tried every trick to fix falsing like the battery trick for example but nothing works. I thought for awhile I got one of those Chinese knock offs but everything checks out legit. My question is there anything anybody can recommend I do or did anyone have the same problem? I'm kicking myself in the a$$ for not being patient and getting a new pro pointer with warranty ordered in. I learned to tell when it's actually touching something real and not falsing but barely. I even had to haul out the old cheapo pin pointer I had before a couple times because of how bad the pro pointer acts up. It's almost unusable! [emoji30]

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure its no a counterfiet? Even those have Garrett Serial numbers.

that does sucks thou, i only stick with good vendors now a days.

sorry to hear

OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you sure its no a counterfiet? Even those have Garrett Serial numbers.

that does sucks thou, i only stick with good vendors now a days.

sorry to hear

I'll end up probably getting s new one eventually. One thing that instantly helped know it wasn't a counterfeit is they only pick up metal at the tip where this one does pick it up all along the whole length of the end. Also compared a few other ways of telling them apart and it seems to match a real one. Who knows they may have better fakes out there though.

OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also seem to have a curse with pin pointers anyway because I went through 3 cheap ones since I started. Had to home repair them a few times and was excited about finally getting the pro pointer and this happened. I still love having one to use though while hunting so this won't slow me down for long.

alabama11

Nov 23, 2015
north Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett Frontiersman, Tesoro Ciboli , Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pin Pointer 2, Minelab Equinox 800, Panky.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I also have a new pro pointer which got real muddy and has a weak signal and low volumn now. Anyone experience this type of ptoblem?

OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also have a new pro pointer which got real muddy and has a weak signal and low volumn now. Anyone experience this type of ptoblem?

Didn't get mud in the speaker holes that's blocking the sound?

Yard Waste

Dec 16, 2013
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett AT Pro International, Garrett Euro Ace.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP, did you call Garrett and get them to verify the serial number? That would be the only way to verify its' authenticity.
Buying from any of the online resellers is nothing but a risk and should be avoided regardless.

OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP, did you call Garrett and get them to verify the serial number? That would be the only way to verify its' authenticity.
Buying from any of the online resellers is nothing but a risk and should be avoided regardless.

Never really had chance to call them but I might soon just to see and get a price on fixing it. If it's not worth I'm going to just get another one the right way this time. I should have known better. I'm usually a careful buyer!

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never really had chance to call them but I might soon just to see and get a price on fixing it. If it's not worth I'm going to just get another one the right way this time. I should have known better. I'm usually a careful buyer!
Deal with Garrrett or dealers that you know, when you purchased any items that you need. Good hunting and good luck.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had "quirky" problems with 2 pro pointers. Sound off all the time or not seem to work at all. Discovered putting a quarter in the cap under the battery to put more pressure on the contacts cured the problem. May (or not) work for others, but simple and quick to try, also be sure the battery is up to par.
luvsdux

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Why don't you call Garrett and then send it in to get checked out Garrett will either not charge you or if they did it would be a lot cheaper than a new one if they fixed it .Some times they just send a new one out at no cost and keep the old one...

OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Why don't you call Garrett and then send it in to get checked out Garrett will either not charge you or if they did it would be a lot cheaper than a new one if they fixed it .Some times they just send a new one out at no cost and keep the old one...

Sounds good to me! [emoji106]

OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wrote garrett and they seem to be very helpful. It's out of warranty but they want it to repair it. I'll post again when it's all said and done to let everyone know the final outcome. I knew it wasn't a knock off but I'm glad it got verified as legit anyway! [emoji106]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread