ATP in FLA

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all: Finally got down to Fla. from NH (Wow-- we dodged some -10 stuff up there and are having some great 70s+ here.
I went out and hit a long parking area and started getting MANY good siginals --78-83s at 4-6" only to dig and find a flattened can at 8-10" down //
this over and over till I gave up and went home//// How do I dodge this ???? I re balanced, even reset the atp--Help//
In spite --its great to get beeping// Perry

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only thing you are doing wrong, is detecting in a parking area.
Get to abeach, a park, or earn a permission from from a property owner that has some age to the property...

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here in the south most parks have only aluminum can slaw - pull tabs - square tabs - some clad coins and very little jewelry.

OP
OP
perry2

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I have previously posted I have 1150 +- coins for the year// About 1/2 are from PARKING LOTS- and about 30 from BEECHES so I think I'll stay with the P-lots
I think the practice of flataning cans and burying them when laying sod is the problem// But why is the ATP messing up the depth ??

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As I have previously posted I have 1150 +- coins for the year// About 1/2 are from PARKING LOTS- and about 30 from BEECHES so I think I'll stay with the P-lots
I think the practice of flataning cans and burying them when laying sod is the problem// But why is the ATP messing up the depth ??

The depth display is set for coin sized objects. Lift the coil about 6" and if you still pick up the target it's a larger piece of metal.

OP
OP
perry2

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I forgot about doing that// Perry

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How many are them are silver?

OP
OP
perry2

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well The Silver comes very hard// last yr I only got 2 --an 1830 1/2 dime EX cond. and a 1878 seated Qtr. about Good cond. and one gold 10K ring
The 1/2 dime from an old tavern site (1800-1840) You can bet I spent about 3 days going over the area after I found it. The qtr from the side of Main st 2 ft from an all new curb --the ring from an old ball park I have gone over about 6 times--Go figure// My goal this yr is 1000 coins and 10+ silvers Perry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread