AT Gold Headphones

dabskie

Jan 30, 2013
Northeast Pa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Did a search but didn't turn up what I'm looking for,,,There are places where I want to MD ,,some places I want to use the headphones and some places that I don't,,,,,Taking them off and on is a pain. is there anyway you can make a quick disconnect with the stock headphones.. I know about the plug in adapter, but then I'd have to buy another set. The stock ones work fine for me.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know of any not sure how handy you are but you could buy the adapter and cut end off yours and put plug on it. It's no problem for me to take them off but I never do because you can hear the deep signals that would sound like just noise without the phones. Good luck.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also another pointer on the at gold in the trashy spots is don't go over about 11 on iron disc and listen to all that iron. The gold is fast enough to give you a hit on a good target close to iron but if iron to high you null it out with the iron audio. I've found a lot of old copper coins that way in fields where homes use to be.

OP
OP
dabskie

dabskie

Jan 30, 2013
Northeast Pa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't know of any not sure how handy you are but you could buy the adapter and cut end off yours and put plug on it. It's no problem for me to take them off but I never do because you can hear the deep signals that would sound like just noise without the phones. Good luck.

Thanks Kodiak, I was checking out the 1/4" plug from Radio Shack,,I think that's the route I am going to take,,I would always use my headphones because my hearing isn't the best anymore, but some places I plan on going are pretty far back in the bush,,and I like to be aware of my surroundings, I tried just having it on one ear,,but doesn't work out to good, slides around too much. That's why I'm looking for a quick plug in and out. And Thanks for the Tip on the Iron Disc.

OP
OP
dabskie

dabskie

Jan 30, 2013
Northeast Pa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok,,I just came up with another question concerning the headphones,,,With the adapter or if I cut my headphone wire and attaché a female and mail plug,,when I unplug it even with the adapter still plugged into the housing will you hear it. Or will it still act like the headphones are plugged in. I hope I'm making sense :dontknow:

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should be fine in my opinion.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok,,I just came up with another question concerning the headphones,,,With the adapter or if I cut my headphone wire and attaché a female and mail plug,,when I unplug it even with the adapter still plugged into the housing will you hear it. Or will it still act like the headphones are plugged in. I hope I'm making sense :dontknow:

Yes that will work fine. Put 1/8" jacks on them and you can plug the TDK wireless module in if you want to go wireless too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread