Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett pinpointer
Lesche 85 and Sampson t-handle 31"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpeg
Well I broke my headphones after they got hung up on a tree branch and about yanked my head off.

The blue wire has disconnected and I know nothing about soldering. I don't want to have to worry Garrett about this and would preferred to fix it myself.

Do indeed to remove the older solder first? I get a faint sound when I press the wires onto the right spot but it's not nearly close to the correct volume level. I know where it supposed to go I just can't get it to sound correctly like it should.

I have an iron and solder already just need to know the next step. Any help would be greatly appreciated

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I would strip 3/8" of that blue on that wire, then wrap and twist it on the wire you want to solder. Put the hot end of the solder iron on the wire until it is hot enough to let the solder flow onto it. Then cover it up with tape to prevent it shorting out on other other exposed wires.

OP
OP
SirWalterRaleigh

SirWalterRaleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply. Looking at the picture, from the bottom up, the second solder spot appears to be where it was dislodged.

I am unsure if the blue wire is to be soldered to another wire as the only time I can get any sound through the headphones is when it's touching that second spot.

I've looked for a wiring diagram but cannot find one for this specific set, and I'm not educated enough to know if the one I did find is universal for my needs

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After seeing some after marker Killer B's on a etrac I would suggest a new set of headphones. I mean watch some utube vids on how to solder if you need. But you get the plastic too hot and you may have another problem.

OP
OP
SirWalterRaleigh

SirWalterRaleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, I agree. The new pair gets delivered tomorrow lol. I'll try to fix these and use them as a backup if it works

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If there is still a C.B. shop in any of the truck stops on the 95 corridor. They'll fix it in five minutes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread