Nel coil owners............

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Channon

Feb 8, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm using the Hunter. I mainly relic hunt and do a little beach. It's heavy but I can still swing it for 4 hours. I've found good items in areas I've hit more than 3 times. I also use the ATP

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the Tornado everywhere. Weighs the same as stock. But if you don't mind a little more go for the Storm.

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got the Storm this year... Picks up tiny targets too, pin points pretty darn good too... I'd recommend this one.

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Attack coil. While it may not be quite as good as advertised, it does have its value. Use it till your arm gets tired, then throw your stock coil on and all the sudden you're swinging air.

Jcostin

Aug 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the Nel Big Coil...was terribly unstable and as heavy as an anvil. Perhaps mine was faulty, but I ditched it and bought the 5x8 Garrettt coil...and love it!

PaDirtDigger

Feb 2, 2015
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
White's XLT (2), Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the Nel Big Coil...was terribly unstable and as heavy as an anvil. Perhaps mine was faulty, but I ditched it and bought the 5x8 Garrettt coil...and love it!

I must say, I do love that tiny coil too... The Storm helps me seal over any missed zigs and zags, and primary use for the coil, at least for me, is for doing fields. Dragging it on the grass eases the arm stress and keeps depth as good as it can be...

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The NEL tornado is a great all around coil that works in trashy spits as well. Not as good as the 5x8 but does good. It will hit silver dimes with no effort. Great coil for the at series.

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have used the Nel Storm for 3 years now and love it routinely gets the 8" silver dime. Now have the Nel big it's awesome but heavy. Use a harness for both the coils. The coils both go deep the the biggest plus is area covered they don't miss much. Good hunting
MackDog

daemon1971

Sep 23, 2012
southeast mi
Detector(s) used
pioneer 202, gamma 6000, Garrett ATPro, tesoro vaquero
I agree with Kodiak43351, I got the tornado about a month ago and am very impressed with its performance. A slow swing in the trashy areas and it'll pick out the coins easily .

twalton

Jul 16, 2008
Virginia, Il
Detector(s) used
At Pro, Whites Prizm 6T, Fisher 1235x, Pioneer 505
I use the Attack coil in open areas and love it. Not the best choice for corn or bean stubble fields.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread