I need help with garret GTI 1500

pattap

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, I'm going to try my luck here after posting in tech talk

I'm just about to change the plug on my GTI as it started acting up and I've noticed that one of the cables has broke of.

Short story long I'd need someone who owns GTI 1500 and/or imaging coil with 7 pin plug and a multimeter to give me a favor.

I have noticed that between pins 4 and 5 there is positive result for continuity test. Now I'm not sure whether my cable is broken further down or it meant to be that way, if someone could test it for me I'd really appropriate it

Pin 4 is white center
Pin 5 white shield

probably worth mentioning that the coil is 9.5" proformance imaging

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a GTI 1500 but don't use it as there are better detectors that are lighter weight. I'd suggest sending it in to Garrett for repair as it may be out of calibration also. Sorry

OP
OP
P

pattap

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a GTI 1500 but don't use it as there are better detectors that are lighter weight. I'd suggest sending it in to Garrett for repair as it may be out of calibration also. Sorry

do you also have a multimeter? Would you be willing to perform a simple test for me if so?

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do you also have a multimeter? Would you be willing to perform a simple test for me if so?

Well shucks, it aint brain surgery. Maybe you'll get an answer over the weekend. Best I can remember, two pins are the tx coil winding, and two other pins are the rx coil winding.

But what Garrett is doing with seven pins, who knows. Maybe a secondary rx coil for imaging using the phase offset.

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
P

pattap

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I thought that each pair is for each coil, I just need that confirmation before I start chopping the cable down but obviously it makes sense that there should be no connectivity between the pair within itself

OP
OP
P

pattap

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any more owners of GTI1500?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread