All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could be the mineralizaation in the soil itself. :skullflag:

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sometimes when it does that its a masked target hiding.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
You get those regardless of the detector you use. I try a perpendicular sweep, but if it won't repeat I walk on to the next.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
sometimes when it does that its a masked target hiding.

I'd say Calabash is right.

I've done an extensive amount of testing for Kellyco and one of my test scenarios focuses on discrimination, separation and recovery by placing a good target increasingly closer to an iron nail. If the nail is parallel to the direction of swing, and especially if you have iron discriminated out, and the coil hits the good target first then the nail, you'll hear the good target. If however, the coil passes over the nail first then the good target, the nail masks the good target. Ergo, you hear a signal swinging one way and not when swinging the coil back the other way.
This isn't the case with all detectors but is so with many...particularly if the iron is very close to the good target.

Just the results from my foxhole...

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If there isn't a nail in the hole after 10" of digging, it's probably NOT a masking situation.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If there isn't a nail in the hole after 10" of digging, it's probably NOT a masking situation.

Terry, you're absolutely right. I obviously overlooked that point in his original post. In that case, your mineralization theory is closer to being right. :D

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah I agree with Terry but my point was dont write those kind of signals off all the time just because you went on one wild goose chase.

OP
OP
perry2

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I can get this to happen in a good digging area Ill dig till I find something // Perry

Bugalooob

Aug 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a trashy parks on one directional beeps I don't dig , I find myself digging to china on them and their usually nails or bottle caps...and there almost always off to the side which is worse...I'm purely a coin hunter so those one directional signals might be rgold rings or necklaces 99.99 percent of the time...I just don't like those odds and my back doess't like them either

Bugalooob

Aug 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I meant to say the one directional beeps my be gold rings or nechlesses .01 percent of the time not 99.99

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions