AT Pro and BH SS II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The easiest way to explain it is........With Iron Audio ON, anything above your Disc. setting will be a MID TONE and below will be an iron grunt. But yes if you set disc all the way to 40 and turn iron audio on you will have the same results as no disc and iron audio off. The best use for iron audio is in heavy iron trash (nails) where most nails read around 15-20....you can set disc to 22 and turn iron audio ON; Now you will get a MID TONE on those larger iron objects or those low conductors (small buttons) that are being "pulled down" (VID#) by all the nails around them. But you still have the benefit of "hearing" the trash if you like. This is a benefit as you can slow down and really work those spots with dense trash. Hope this helps! Also, the Iron Audio works a little different on the AT Gold.

OP
OP
B

bigfish313

Nov 11, 2013
El Cerrito CA
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and BH SS II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great answer.
So, do you hunt with iron audio on?
Who else does?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If i am in a spot where iron is very thick i use the above settings with the 5x8 coil.....if not extreme i will run no disc and iron audio off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions