At gold vs pro (if not using on beach)

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You live in Jax and aren't ever going to a beach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

ChaseJax

Nov 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Diff machine I'll be using for the beach.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
For general hunting for coins, jewelry and relics, I would suggest the AT Pro. I think the audio is much better, and you have more options for setting up discrimination features not found on the AT Gold.

24llueq.jpg

Opie

Aug 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I would suggest the AT Pro, but I'm basing this on the understanding that a lot of Florida has alkali in the soil. I don't know about the soil down there I'm on the other end of the States. I can say the Gold hates salt of any kind. I sold my Gold because of this, it had trouble in the heavy alkali ground here in Utah. Good Luck!!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know your soil but the AT gold is a beast and I've owned both. I've pulled out so many old coppers with the gold that the pro missed it's not funny. If your a park or fresher drops hunting go with the pro. If your old homesite or field hunting the gold will be best.

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know your soil but the AT gold is a beast and I've owned both. I've pulled out so many old coppers with the gold that the pro missed it's not funny. If your a park or fresher drops hunting go with the pro. If your old homesite or field hunting the gold will be best.

I agree! The Gold is a workhorse. Relics, bullets, coins, jewelry, it does them all. :3barsgold:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
IMHO, The AT Gold is a fantastic relic machine. I have also found more gold with it than my AT Pro.

If you put the small 5" x 8" coil (little to no loss of depth) on the AT Pro it is deadly for coin shooting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions