UPS vs USPs

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
FYI --I boxed up my ATP control box and headphones to ship back to Garrett-Texas for repair
---UPS shipping $24.00 2.2 lbs USPS $11.00 same 2.2 lbs

Did UPS possibly have insurance built into the shipping? As far as the two, USPS is my preferred due to ship time and cost and dependable arrival. It's common for me to get a day earlier delivery with USPS. Arrives within 11AM-Noon like clockwork.

Snap on Man

Apr 15, 2012
Tupelo, Ms
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5- Teknetics T 2 Classic w NEL Sharpshooter coil - Whites TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no comparison! If you want it there UPS. If you want it lost USPS.

OP
OP
perry2

perry2

Jan 1, 2013
Bradford, NH
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a tracking No for the USPS ship so It wont get lost//

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
USPS and FedEx Home/Ground has consistently been considerably less expensive than UPS. I have also found that UPS is the slowest of those.

There is no comparison! If you want it there UPS. If you want it lost USPS.

18 years on ebay as a seller. USPS has lost one package, but only it left the US and got to India. Not saying they never loose packages, but just hasn't been my experience. YMMV.

I have a tracking No for the USPS ship so It wont get lost//

It can still get lost, it's just the tracking number let's you know about where it got lost. I would still insure it.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bet you guys didn't know UPS ships through USPS to get things across the country faster.
I get packages sent USPS from west coast to east in two days in standard shipping.

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No matter what carrier you use...rest assured you box will be placed next to trampolines and sharp edges.

Zip Zip

Dec 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
USPS will leave a message if you are not home when they deliver to go to the post office with the message and pick up your item. UPS dumps your item at your front door (home or not) and leave (they do have the option to leave a message and pick it up a their office) I deal with USPS when ever possible :)

mag315

Greenie
Apr 21, 2015
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Master Hunter 7,
Whites Goldmaster 66TR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back when I was doing a lot of selling on Ebay, I used USPS hundreds of times and not one single problem.

Primus Palus

Apr 3, 2017
Denver, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I much prefer FedEx whenever I have a choice. UPS is ok, but I've had some issues with them and they're obviously expensive. The post office blows. I've had a ton of problems with them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread