Greenie
Feb 1, 2017
Indiana County,PA.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro--
-Bounty Hunter Red Barron RB7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have noticed that in a couple of areas that I will get a tone and the target ID will be 65-75 range and I will try to pin point it but won't get any tone, this has only happen a couple of times, and most of the time I get a pin point tone on all targets. I have the set at Pro-coin when detecting. I do notice that there is a lot of junk in the areas I am detecting. Could it be I am getting a false target reading? It just happen a few time not all the time.

bobby5

Jun 19, 2012
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, AT Pro, Garrett Propointer, Garrett Carrot, Several Older Garrett Detectors and a Bounty Hunter.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have this happen on my AT quite often. What I have found is it is Usually a Penny or other item just under the grass or dirt and not Deep at all. Hope this helps. HH

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
That happens sometimes. To fix it, move the coil away from the target, press and hold PP button, then try again.

Andy Nunez

Nov 19, 2015
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 540 or Garrett Ace 400 with a Cors Cannon coil and Z-lynk, Predator Piranha shovel, White's TRX pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had the same issue with the 400 and use the same solution. Move the coil away from the target. Press pinpoint and move it back. Weird, but it works. Sometimes you will lose the target because it tumbles farther into the hole and it takes some extra pinpointing to find it again.

OP
OP
Retiredusne8

Retiredusne8

Greenie
Feb 1, 2017
Indiana County,PA.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro--
-Bounty Hunter Red Barron RB7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I did have it happen today and I held the coil up in the air pushed the pinpoint and it did work then Thanks for the input.:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread